Louis Murphy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Louis Murphy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Louis Murphy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Raiders WR Louis Murphy (bruised clavicle) appeared to be limited in Thursday's practice after reaching up for a pass in obvious pain. His status for the Week 4 matchup against Houston should not be affected by the injury. Murphy should play despite the injury unless it worsens before Sunday, owners should monitor his progress. With QB Bruce Gradkowski in the starting lineup, Murphy has excelled for 210 yards receiving in his last two games. Murphy caught three passes for 34 yards against the Texans last season, with QB JaMarcus Russell under center.
(Updated 09/30/2010).

Kind of sucks i had planned on using him against Houstons terrible pass D. Ah well I guess i gotta roll with Nicks or MSW.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Louis Murphy

Postby HomerJay » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am

Clavical issues are retarded....affects your whole range of motion with your arm. I still plan on starting him this week but i'll be keeping a close eye around game time.
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 pm

HomerJay wrote:Clavical issues are retarded....affects your whole range of motion with your arm. I still plan on starting him this week but i'll be keeping a close eye around game time.

Yeah ill probably roll with him too unless something comes out that says hes going to be limited or something. I mean i have other choices but none of them im too confident about. Its either Murphy, MSW, or Nicks. OR I could play Shockey and hope like hell he gets a few catches, as this league is PPR and the TE's get 2 PPR....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:25 am

News: Raiders WR Louis Murphy (bruised clavicle) was limited for a second straight day in preparation for the Week 4 game against the Texans. He is officially listed as questionable, along with fellow WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (groin). Coach Tom Cable showed little concern when asked about them on Friday. “I think they’ll be all right,” Cable said.The Raiders face a Texans pass defense that ranks dead last in the NFL, allowing 368.7 yards per game. With QB Bruce Gradkowski in the starting lineup, Murphy has excelled for 210 yards receiving in his last two games. Murphy caught three passes for 34 yards against the Texans last season, with QB JaMarcus Russell under center.

Analysis: Murphy has been expected to play all week long. Thursday, he appeared to be in obvious pain after reaching for a pass during practice. If coach Cable's statement holds true, Murphy will have a very favorable matchup against Houston. Their defense has allowed five different WRs to reach at least 88 yards receiving in just three games. Consider Murphy a high-end No. 2 Fantasy WR for Week 4.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HomerJay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Well I hope the coaches make a decision about him prior to the game....even if he starts I don't have high hopes he makes it through the game. Clavical issues are just plain painful. I don't even know if pain shots help these type of injuries. The matchup is soooooo cake this week I was excited to plug him in on a bye slot. Sigh.

Johnny Lee Higgins perhaps?
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:46 am

HomerJay wrote:Well I hope the coaches make a decision about him prior to the game....even if he starts I don't have high hopes he makes it through the game. Clavical issues are just plain painful. I don't even know if pain shots help these type of injuries. The matchup is soooooo cake this week I was excited to plug him in on a bye slot. Sigh.

Johnny Lee Higgins perhaps?

Nah I would rather go with Murphy I would say.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FFslacker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:32 am

Louis Murphy (clavicle) plans to play against the Texans on Sunday.
Despite being limited in practice on Thursday and Friday, Murphy is safe to put in lineups. He's a high-end WR3 in this tasty matchup against the Texans' struggling secondary. Oct. 3 - 11:25 am et
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby HomerJay » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Roto:

reported that he re-aggrevated the injury in the 1st quarter.

Having had a clavical issue my self....these things don't just go away. I'd drop this kid. This will be a nagging issue all year.

my .02
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Return to Football Talk