Week 5 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 5 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 5 Game Talk

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm lovin this Oklahoma St. / Texas A&M game!

(Although it helps that I have both Justin Blackmon & Jeff Fuller in the Cafe college football fantasy league...) ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 5 Game Talk

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Figured I'd post my picks for the biggest games this weekend:

Michigan over Indiana - Indiana's run defense is awful.....Denard should run for at least 150 if he plays the entire game. I do think this game will be much closer than most think and if I was putting money on the spread, I'd take Indiana. Michigan 42, Indiana 35

Alabama over Florida - I don't think people are giving Florida enough of a chance in this game. If this was in Gainesville I'd probably pick Florida...but it's not so I won't. Alabama 31, Florida 20

Wisconsin over Michigan State - Michigan State is not that good IMO but they have the Dantonio factor coming off the heart attack so they might play pretty inspired ball. Wisconsin is the second best team in the Big Ten and will show it with a gritty road win. Wisconsin 27, Michigan State 17

Texas over Oklahoma - Just a hunch. Rivalry game and Texas needs to answer their critics after the crapfest last weekend. I don't think Oklahoma is that great either, despite their blowout victory of FSU a couple weeks ago. Texas 28, Oklahoma 24

Iowa over Penn State - Both of these teams are overrated (especially PSU) and Iowa has had trouble staying healthy. Iowa's defense wins it against freshman QB Robert Bolden. Iowa 24, Penn State 10

Stanford over Oregon - If this game was played later in the season, I'd probably pick Oregon, but Stanford is battle tested on the road and I think they are a top-5 team (Oregon is a top-10ish team IMO). They have arguably the best pure passer in college football and a great defense. Oregon hasn't played anyone yet and I think this hurts them even being at home. Stanford 38, Oregon 35
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:54 pm

For those doubting Oregon this weekend....people were doubting them last year around this time too. After an opening week loss to Boise St., Oregon struggled to put away Purdue, and then struggled to fend off and put away Utah. 3 games into the season there were huge question marks for Oregon: their defense was suspect. Did they have a real QB? Could their young RB handle the pressure? Etc. Much of the same questions being asked of the Ducks this season. Then #6 Cal rolled into Eugene and everyone and their mother was picking Cal and saying Oregon didn't have a chance. Oregon wouldn't be able to stop Cal's potent rushing attack....blah, blah, blah. Well Cal kicked a FG on their opening drive and never scored again, Oregon completely dismantled that Cal team that just about everyone picked to the tune of 42-3.

Now I'm not saying Oregon will do that to Stanford, not even close, but don't sleep on Oregon at home. Like I've mentioned, Oregon is a completely different animal at home. Even in down years, it's extremely difficult for opponents to come into Eugene and get out with a win. Autzen is one of the most difficult places in the country to travel to, which is the reason why Oregon has only lost 5...5 games at home in the last 5 years. Stanford hasn't won there since 01. We'll just have to wait and see.

I was at that Cal game...and I'll be at this one. Hopefully I'm some sort of good luck charm. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

I don't think picking Stanford to beat Oregon means I'm doubting them. Stanford is legit and there wouldn't be an ounce of shame involved if they did lose. It's a toss-up game IMO but I think Stanford is a bit better.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:I don't think picking Stanford to beat Oregon means I'm doubting them.

Maybe you're not, but there are plenty of people who are. I suppose I was mostly responding to all the naysayers on other forums who've been saying the Ducks don't stand a chance.

Anyway, like I said, we'll see. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Metroid wrote:Anyway, like I said, we'll see. ;-D

Yes we will.

I'm outta here...
GO DUCKS!!!!!!! :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Michigan State with a damn nice beat down of Wisconsin. Yes I say beat down because 3 Michigan State turnovers are the ONLY thing that even kept Wisconsin remotely close.

450total yards of Offense- State
290total yards of Offense- Wisconsin

I know Tolzien has some stamina issues after preseason injuries, but if he was good enough to start then hes good enough to get it done. He and the Wisconsin passing game flat got shut down by a terrible Michigan State secondary to put it lightly. They have gotten lit up week in week out for years now and finally today they actually showed up, allowing only 127 passing yards today.

Michigan State running for 175 yards is the biggest statement of the day tho. Wisconsin's run d is one of the stoutest in the nation and it just showed that even if our pass defense lets us down and at times out pass offense does also, that our running game has enough snot to get it done.

SOOOOO pumped for next weeks matchup, cuz its gonna be a damn good one, unlike most years I see it as a good ole fashioned barn burner. Michigan/Michigan State in Da Big House, game of the week in Week 6! Boom!

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Wow, Bama is absolutely shaming Florida. 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Did I really just hear Chip Kelly say the refs are in cahoots with Harbaugh? You can't say that kind of stuff as a head coach, that's beyond classless.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:39 am

Sandrock wrote:Did I really just hear Chip Kelly say the refs are in cahoots with Harbaugh? You can't say that kind of stuff as a head coach, that's beyond classless.

I didn't hear him say that but yeah it shouldn't have been said. "Classless" is a bit harsh though. :-?

Oh and next time people wanna pick against Oregon at home....you probably shouldn't. :-D
Metroid

Next

Return to College Football