Postby lody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 pm

link removed by mod
lody
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: more Lynch to Packers rumors

Postby Stelly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:47 pm

This rumor makes a ton of sense on paper. Unfortunately, they don't play the game on paper.

The Bills seemingly want at least a 3rd rd pick for Lynch. I don't see many people lining up to pay that price. Unless the Bills are willing to lower their price, I'm not sure this gets done, especially since GB has Starks waiting on the PUP list.

That being said, Lynch is a free agent in my league, and he has been very tempting to grab and stash in case a deal does get done.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Yeah, I've got him stashed in a couple leagues, but I'm not too confident on the Packers pulling the trigger on this one. Hopefully the Bills will be satisfied with a conditional pick. If I were Teddy I'd be willing to give up a second on the condition we get to the Superbowl.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Ted Thompson will not part with draft picks. Period. So unless they are willing to give up one of their stud young WRs, I don't think they have anything else they would consider expendable that the Bills would be interested in.

All the talk in Wisconsin this week has been that the Packers are prepared to go 4 and 5 WR (+ Finley) for the next few weeks until they figure out a way to get the running game going. They know they can't win a championship without running, but they can get to the playoffs simply by passing. I agree the likely scenario is some type of platoon with Starks and Nance, with Jackson on 3rd down and Kuhn in short yardage, and hope that one of them stands out. I sincerely doubt they make a move for Lynch unless the Bills just give him away.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Stelly wrote:
That being said, Lynch is a free agent in my league, and he has been very tempting to grab and stash in case a deal does get done.

Lynch needs to be owned in leagues with at least 12 teams. Until further notice, he is the starter in Buffalo, and he could still be traded to Green Bay by week 6.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 pm

dgan wrote:Ted Thompson will not part with draft picks. Period. So unless they are willing to give up one of their stud young WRs, I don't think they have anything else they would consider expendable that the Bills would be interested in.

All the talk in Wisconsin this week has been that the Packers are prepared to go 4 and 5 WR (+ Finley) for the next few weeks until they figure out a way to get the running game going. They know they can't win a championship without running, but they can get to the playoffs simply by passing. I agree the likely scenario is some type of platoon with Starks and Nance, with Jackson on 3rd down and Kuhn in short yardage, and hope that one of them stands out. I sincerely doubt they make a move for Lynch unless the Bills just give him away.

The goal in Green Bay shouldn't just be to get to the playoffs. They have one of the best defenses in the league, a great quarterback, and a nice core of weapons in the passing game. In the NFL, a team's window to be a super bowl contender can dramatically change from one year to the next. Therefore, when you are as talented as they are right now, mid round draft picks(or one of their young receivers like nelson or jones) shouldn't stand in the way of getting the guy that is the best fit.

Furthermore, Lynch is a perfect fit for them this year and going forward as the feature back. He played with Rodgers at Cal, has good hands, and is familiar with the West Coast Offense. They also will probably have to draft a back next year anyway, and Lynch is as good or better than any back they could get in the middle rounds.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Let's not forget that Lynch had character problems and was suspended in the past under the league's personal conduct system. This incident destroyed Lynch's fantasy value years ago. The Packers may pass on him for the possible locker room distraction / bad publicity potential, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

IMO Lynch ends up on another, less scrupulous team. The Bengals have a team littered with players that have a questionable demeanor and they come to mind immediately along these lines of logic. Remember Benson came in as a backup to Rudi Johnson and Lynch may do the exact same thing to him.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cameron10483 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Since when have the Packers cared about character issues?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby u_fig_eater » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm

The Bengals already have two starting-caliber RBs in Bernard Scott and Cedric Benson. Why would they need a third? Those two are probably better than Lynch for their purposes anyways.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby benb18a » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Cameron10483 wrote:Since when have the Packers cared about character issues?

Well, TT lied about making an offer for Moss that was less than what the Pats got him for. They didn't want him on the team period, despite the prodigious potential that Favre and Moss could have had. How many d-bags have they acquired by FA/trading in the last decade?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk