The Argument Against RB 1st Rd. UPDATE THREAD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Argument Against RB 1st Rd. UPDATE THREAD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Argument Against RB 1st Rd. UPDATE THREAD

Postby bostonsoxandy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:47 pm

chchelse wrote:You're missing the point. The point is, I have chosen 5 top 13 wr's for this team, and my record would be 0-3. These are all top 3 round picks and are all disappointments to say the least. You make it sound like if you grab WR's while everyone else is grabbing RB's that you're going to end up with an excellent set of WR's, but the fact is that WR's are lot more inconsistant on a week to week basis and are equally and probably more likely to be busts than the RB's. This doesn't even take into account that WR's are dependent on their QB's. Warner gone, how's Fitz looking now? Steve Smith is virtually unstartable in Carolina with Clausen at QB. What happens to Moss and Welker if Brady goes down like he did two years ago? Now you're worryin about the play and injuies of two players not one.

I think that what bothers me the most about the WR method people is that they never take into account that the WR's they choose could be busts, just like the RB's. That's simply what I was trying to show.

p.s. I took Shonn Greene in the 3rd round and Marques Colston in the 4th round and they are both killing me....

And you basically said in your post that you got all "lucky" during the draft in drafted all these guys that fell right to you and you just kept picking busts now that you are writing this nwo...that can easily be applied to a typical draft as well:

Ok first round sitting at pick #3 I snag the beast in Maurice Jones-Drew right out of the gate I have a Top-5 RB! Second pick on the back end DeAngelo Williams fell all the way to me as well! I have 2 top-10 backs. My league is a Patriots-fan league and they all hate the Jets so in the 3rd round I grab Shonn Greene! Three top 12 rb's-im unstoppable now!!!!!!! But it gets better, in the fourth round unbelievably, Ryan Grant fell this far! I'm truly the greatest team ever-FOUR top 12 RB's-count em four! Now to snag some good value at WR-in the 5th round I take Mike Sims-Walker a studly #1 WR...then I snag Crabtree in the 6th for some super great value! I can't believe it! I then go on to take Devin Aromashodu, Mike Williams (SEA), Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt, Demaryius Thomas, and Lee Evans in the next few rounds...and it goes on and on and on making it a completely useless post......but wait...i take kolb in the 13th! unbelievable....yeah...
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Argument Against RB 1st Rd. UPDATE THREAD

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Am I in the drunk posting thread? :-?
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football