WR/CB matchups... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR/CB matchups...

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR/CB matchups...

Postby jswede » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

happy week 4, fellas. thanks in advance for helpful info here.

matchup analysis in the team vs team and offensive player vs team D etc is plentiful around the web. there's not a site that can call itself a 'fantasy football' site without weekly rankings of players vs their team opponent etc...

however, what I'm looking for is a little more in depth: there's nothing more misleading than seeing a "poor" pass D, which is only poor bc they stop the run (or get way ahead early), or more frustrating than starting a 'no-brainer' #1, not knowing he's going against a good CB, and seeing the #2 (or #3) run wild.

I want to get some color on WR matchups vs specific CBs etc -- as in, which #1 WR is going vs a 'shutdown' CB and, in that case, is perhaps the #2 WR a better play vs that D's poor 2nd CB? Sometimes a #2 or #3 WR, or even the TE, is a better play than a #1 in a game etc... I do my best to analyze this week to week for my team, but man is it time consuming. Further, this analysis is is great to have a sense of when considering trades, picking up a bye week replacement or a 2-3+ week injury replacement WR -- and not just for that week, but the weeks ahead... but now I'm looking at 3 hours of research on 8-10 waiver WRs I don't know much about, much less their individual matchups going fwd.

anyone know a site that gets into this detail?
jswede
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk