My League Manager WTF? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

My League Manager WTF?

Moderator: Football Moderators

My League Manager WTF?

Postby Uguy536 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:48 pm

So today this happened...

My league manager in a 10 team ESPN league made an interesting move today. His starting lineup at game time included josh cribbs starting and calvin johnson on the bench. At halftime I looked at his team and thought that he would be upset because he benched calvin johnson (who already had 2 td and good yardage).

A bit later i looked at the scoreboard and his points jumped a lot - it turns out he used his league manager status to take out cribbs and put in johnson AT HALFTIME!!!!!

I called him out on it and it showed in ESPN tran counter that the change happened at 2:35 PM.

Here is my text and his responses

Me: How did calvin johnsom move from bench to your active team in the middle of his game?
Him: he moved at 12:59 before the game started
Me: really? transaction counter showed it happening my league manager override at 2:35 PM and at halftime i saw him on your bench
Him: Johnson was in my starting lineup all week as well.
Me: what matters is was he starting at gametime
Him: If it is a problem even though the person i was playing and 2 other owners know about it i will put cribbs back in.
Me: you can see how that looks odd to me...
Him: swicthed back but not happy about it...
Last edited by Uguy536 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uguy536
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My League Manager is an ***hole

Postby bostonsoxandy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Sounds like he did fix it after you called him out but still screwy but no the screwiest thing ive seen..
In my main league the commish said last year that we would do a keeper thing new to the league-where we keep 1 player we took in the 8th round or after the 8th round next year for an 8th round pick. So last year I took Ray Rice with my 8th round pick and I did pretty well last year. Commish told me that he was NOT going to do keepers this year a week before this years draft, and I was the ONLY drafter to actual take advantage of the keeper. He did that solely to screw me out of Ray Rice and even admitted it but instead of fixing it he said well you can either play like everyone else or you can get kicked out your choice...so I came back this year obviously, and I'm doing pretty well regardless of not having Ray Rice..in case you want to know my team this year in the 10-team PPR league is:
starters in caps
QB PHILIP RIVERS, jay cutler
RB CHRIS JOHNSON, FRANK GORE, ARIAN FOSTER, ryan matthews
WR REGGIE WAYNE, BRANDON MARSHALL, MARK CLAYTON, percy harvin, lance moore
TE VERNON DAVIS
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: My League Manager WTF?

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:15 pm

he fixed it but is not happy about it...hahah

yeah...if i tried to cheat and got caught i wouldnt be happy about it either. people make me lol sometimes
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner