Starting to worry about Turner... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Starting to worry about Turner...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Starting to worry about Turner...

Postby biju » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am

petedog9 wrote:Nothing like a trip to Seatlle to help you get right.... I think he has a solid week... 110 yds / 2td... 20yds rec..

Calling my shot now.... :-D

You haven't been paying attention to Seattle's run defense, especially when they are at home. Atlanta's run game won't top 90 yards total. On the other hand, Roddy White should have a bit of fun against who I expect to cover him (Brandon Browner)...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:15 am

I watched them give up 135 yards and 2 rushing tds to Pittsburgh and right now Pittsburgh cant run on anybody... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:47 am

petedog9 wrote:I watched them give up 135 yards and 2 rushing tds to Pittsburgh and right now Pittsburgh cant run on anybody... :-D

In Pittsburgh. And it's beginning to become evident that West Coast teams have a difficult time going to the earlier time zones. It's going to be a different story in Seattle...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm

I thought you were gonna say that they got screwed by the refs again... :-D

........Too Soon? ;-)
Last edited by petedog9 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Turner may not have the yardage, but Atlanta should dominate ToP and in all likeyhood will be playing with a lead the majority of this game (which is getting mighty close to must win time for ATL), 70 yards and 2 TD isn't unreasonable, and a junk time long run is not out of the question if the Seattle D is on the field for 35+ minutes...

Turner isn't AP, but he's a bellcow in a good situation.

As somebody up there said, it's not about style points (see definition of mediocre Tim Hightower as long as he keeps his job - which is a story for another thread)...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

petedog9 wrote:I thought you were gonna say that they got screwed by the refs again... :-D

........Too Soon? ;-)

You guys are the only ones still talking about it. I'm starting to think Steelers fans have been using that scapegoat because they feel it wasn't deserved. ;-)
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby biju » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Sex Panther wrote:Turner may not have the yardage, but Atlanta should dominate ToP and in all likeyhood will be playing with a lead the majority of this game (which is getting mighty close to must win time for ATL), 70 yards and 2 TD isn't unreasonable, and a junk time long run is not out of the question if the Seattle D is on the field for 35+ minutes...

As somebody up there said, it's not about style points (see definition of mediocre Tim Hightower as long as he keeps his job - which is a story for another thread)...

I'll be glad to come back and eat crow, but nobody has actually run well against the Seahawks so far this year. I know people scoff when you throw out runs (and I'm one of those people), but outside of a 20 yard TD run by Isaac Redman the Steelers were gaining only 3.4 YPC and still only finished with a 3.9 average. The Seahawks defense is averaging 3.1 YPC on the season and against a slow Michael Turner I'm expecting that to be about right, if not a bit high. We would have much more problems against Jacquizz Rodgers who is much faster than our LBs and would easily outrun the line.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 pm

ngub12 wrote:
ampant wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:those of you who were posting comments talking about "if you take away a rbs big run..etc.." (fatfoot and ampant) if you were refering to my post you should re-read it....i was talking in my entire post about how he looked....not his stat line. he looked slow..aside from the one big play i dont think he looked good. i could care less about how much yardage he ended up with, that wasnt what i was talking about.

And my point is that I don't care how somebody looks when they are getting fantasy points, I just care about how many fantasy points they will get me over the course of the season. We can all look at one down game from a guy and say "see" but at when it is all said and done, there are VERY few RBs who will consistently put up big games for you week in and week out. Micheal Turner, regardless of how you think he looks, is going to get opportunities due to the fact that he is on a good team, with a good O-line, in a good offense, with a good defense to keep it close. Most weeks he is a lock for double-digit fantasy points, consistently. That is exactly what you are looking for from your RB2. I'm willing to risk the occasional crap performance, just like I am happy to take the occasional big play.

As of right now, the guy is on pace for 1680 total yards from scrimmage, and 5-6tds. When it's all said and done, I think he'll have a few multi-td games thrown in, bringing his TD total to 9-11 for the year, and he's a lock for 1500+ total yards from scrimmage (assuming he drops off slightly from his current 3-game average). Those, my friend, are very solid fantasy numbers.

There are no style points in fantasy.

I think you missed the point Deluxe was making. He pointed out that Turner looked slow and unspectacular outside of that one run. He is using the way he looked for most of the game to justify his prediction regarding Turner's remaining production. He thinks that the long runs won't be frequently produced BECAUSE he looked slow and unspectacular. That is what he is saying.

What I am inferring from Deluxe's statement, is that he would NOT be worried if Turner looked quick and impressive, was netting 1-2 yard gains, AND THEN busted off the big run.

Ampant, I agree with you. It doesn't matter how a runner gets to a yardage/td total (ie one long run). I just don't believe this is what Deluxe is saying.

im glad that someone understood what i was getting at :-D ;-D

as far as the discussion going on now as to how turner will do against the seahawks...ill throw my prediction out there as i have watched a couple of the seahawks games this year...

falcons go ahead early with the passing game. turner get a large chunk of carries in the second half but doesnt gain many YPC.. ill say he ends with 90 total yards and 1 TD. im basing his success purely on the amount of carries he is likely to get due to them blowing the seahawks out ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:19 pm

biju wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:Turner may not have the yardage, but Atlanta should dominate ToP and in all likeyhood will be playing with a lead the majority of this game (which is getting mighty close to must win time for ATL), 70 yards and 2 TD isn't unreasonable, and a junk time long run is not out of the question if the Seattle D is on the field for 35+ minutes...

I'll be glad to come back and eat crow, but nobody has actually run well against the Seahawks so far this year. I know people scoff when you throw out runs (and I'm one of those people), but outside of a 20 yard TD run by Isaac Redman the Steelers were gaining only 3.4 YPC and still only finished with a 3.9 average. The Seahawks defense is averaging 3.1 YPC on the season and against a slow Michael Turner I'm expecting that to be about right, if not a bit high. We would have much more problems against Jacquizz Rodgers who is much faster than our LBs and would easily outrun the line.

Agree with you, not saying he's going to go for 70 and 2 on 10 carries, but ATL should be able to move the ball, and if they are in control of this game (which I think they will be), he may very well get 20-25 carries @ 3.0 YPC = 60-75 yards. Pass to score, run to win type deal. If the Seattle D is on the field for 35+ minutes & Turner is at 20ish carries, that's when a long run typically happens, D is tired/beat up.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby petedog9 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:09 am

biju wrote:
petedog9 wrote:I thought you were gonna say that they got screwed by the refs again... :-D

........Too Soon? ;-)

You guys are the only ones still talking about it. I'm starting to think Steelers fans have been using that scapegoat because they feel it wasn't deserved. ;-)

IT WAS A JOKE!!!! Hence the "Smiley" and "toungue in cheek" guy... I was simply referring back to it since it was their first rrematch, the same Referee, etc. etc etc. ................. Sorry... I guess it is still too soon... My bad... nevermind...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk