Starting to worry about Turner... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Starting to worry about Turner...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Starting to worry about Turner...

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am

Before today, 32% of Turner's 360 rushing yards came against the Eagles, currently 30th in the league in rushing defense. In the past 3 games, Turner has averaged less than 2.8 yards per carry.

The only thing saving Turner's fantasy owners are his touchdowns, and if/when they dry up, you're screwed. Sell, sell, sell.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Matchups, matchups, matchups. Right now in today's game against Carolina he's averaging better than 5ypc. He's already got a TD. He's already had a totally solid RB2 day. He's had one bad Fantasy Football week this season. Honestly, I can't be bothered to care how many yards he gets per attempt, if he gets enough attempts that he still gets me better than 10 points. I don't think you can ask for more from an RB2 this year. Some teams in your league will have 2 bona fide full time RB1 types... most this year have to pick and choose. Turner has had TDs in 4 of 6 games. He's had monster weeks twice, and only had one week in which he tanked.

I may sell high... or I may just let it roll.

Edit: 27 carries today, and an average of 5.15 ypc. 139 and 2 TDs. Argue that he's lost a step, but you can't argue with the output this season. He may have been responsible for costing a couple FF teams games in one week... but he's also won them for teams on 3 out of 6 weeks.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby dgan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:20 am

As a guy who rolled the dice with Hillis, Wells, Green and Benson (thinking at least one of them would come through), all of you Turner owners can stop your griping any time. As I said after game 2, at least you know he's going to get the touches. You can count on one hand the number of RBs you can say are "workhorse" backs for their team.

Plus, you knew going into the season that he wasn't going to bolster his fantasy production with receiving yards. Any RB who doesn't catch will have some bad fantasy games because the TDs are more important to that type of back. The benefit, though, is the guy can win games for you all on his own. Feast or famine. Live with it.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 pm

I have no complaints as a Turner owner. He has been the most consistent RB I have. Somebody panicked on him and traded him to me on the cheap week one (Wayne)... I do not plan to sell him unless somebody comes to me a serious buy high offer...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:20 am

I can't believe this discussion is still happening. Turner is the 8th highest scoring fantasy RB in my league through 6 games.

He's scored

2 :-P

That's a pretty good string of games right there. . . . and I love the argument "the only thing saving him are the TDs" . . . Dude is a goal line hammer. Lol. The only thing saving him is all the friggin' points he is scoring.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 am

ampant wrote:I can't believe this discussion is still happening. Turner is the 8th highest scoring fantasy RB in my league through 6 games.

He's scored

2 :-P

That's a pretty good string of games right there. . . . and I love the argument "the only thing saving him are the TDs" . . . Dude is a goal line hammer. Lol. The only thing saving him is all the friggin' points he is scoring.

Exactly, Turner is about the easiest RB to gauge, since he has been in Atlanta he has feasted on teams the Falcons should beat & against soft run D's - as long as he's healthy, that will continue.

Roddy White drawing PI's inside the 5 doesn't hurt either... Turner could have had a 4 TD game last week - Ryan poached a rushing TD & 1 yard pass to the FB who's name I can't spell.

Floor is 1200/10 - it's looking like he's going to finish well above his floor...

On pace for 1330/16/19/261 - 255.1 standard, 264.6 .5 PPR, 274.1 full PPR.

Yes, he loses some of his luster in PPR leagues, but he still puts up RB2 numbers w/ his TD totals. In standard scoring he's a rock solid RB1.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager