Worth the Wait, WW, Trade for. and future keepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worth the Wait, WW, Trade for. and future keepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worth the Wait, WW, Trade for. and future keepers

Postby RBManiac » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Worth The Wait

Kareem Huggins and LaGarrett Blount

Huggins was suppose to come in as the backup last year, but a minor preseason injury held him back to show his stuff landing him on the practice squad. Same situation this year, however he had another minor injury that held him back from getting snaps. Dont be discouraged from the injuries...hes not weak, and these arent injuries that severly slow down RBs. Lets not forget...hes still a coaches favorite, and he will get his chance week 5. Hes got blazing speed, and dramatically improved his blitz pickup and blocking skills. Hes ready, so hold on and see what happens week 5, people where rewarded with patience last year holding onto charles...dont let it slip away before you see what happens.

Blount looks like an obvious goaline beast, keep him on your bench till at least after this week.

if, and only if you can afford bench spots for these too...then do it. I take big risks every year on players like this, and 80% of the times i get rewarded. I like my precentages there. Your situation my be a differents story...that is just me.

Hines Ward: Dont go trying to trade him off just yet, give him a week or 2, and as a reminder to the few that forgot, Big Ben is back =)

(PPR ONLY)
Reggie Bush: He should be back to 100% week 10 the latest, and can really help you for the playoff run if your a struggling team, and Pierre Thomas is anything but sure to stay healthy.

WW.

Im taking this one off the other guy...

Shaun Hill is an excellent backup- perhaps a top-5 right now (based on non-injury preseason- Batch, Gradkowski, Kerry Collins). 300 passing yards, 2 TDs- and he has wheels, with 53 yards rushing. Almost beat GB.

Seriously, if your in a 2 QB league especially

Danny Woodhead

Yes i know, hes a white dude that got cut, and he has a goofy last name, but he has a blazing 40 time and 20yard shuttle. He is almost a must add as a "Wait and See" before tonights game.

I dont think even for just depth, that the patriots would sign him if he didnt have potential to light it up. like i said, wait and see.

Trade For

Mike Thomas(JAX)

Believe is or not, with 5 more targets, a better completion %, and yards after the catch the guy is the new Sims-Walker MINUS the injuries. The jags are starting to lose hope with walker as a reliable reciever, and he seems to fold when good corners are on him. Who are the jags going to rely on in the passing game? What are you waiting for? get him now before he gets more expensive.

Future Keeper

Sam Bradford

I know...just about everyone is talking about him, and his keeper potential, but the guy is legit.

Im 100% convinced. Now just a hunch, and maybe more than that....I see him as the next Tom Brady. I watched the look in his eyes when he is behind center. Only few QBs have that look in their eyes. Compare it to Tom Brady and Brees. Its not common. The look of a lion. He means business...he is in his zone. At 23 years old, he lands on one of the worst teams last year. Mediocre pass protection, and turns Clayton into an every week starter. WHo else can do things like this? Peyton Manning? come to think of it, he is off to a better start than manning was in his rookie season. Bradford is on pace for 3,980 yards and 28 TDs. WoW!
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Worth the Wait, WW, Trade for. and future keepers

Postby RBManiac » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:58 pm

At 23 years old, he lands on one of the worst teams last year.

Squash that. Hes 22...lol hes a child, and thats years of keeping. Rams also put up more pts in the last 2 games than they did all last year..lol Can you remember the last time rams put up 30 pts like they did week 3? I certainly cant
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 pm

If you didn't grab him prior to this week, Ryan Torain should be your #1 WW target this week.

Unless you were a Vick/Cutler owner with no good back-up QB. But all others... Torain should be the claim.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RBManiac » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:29 am

ah, i never added torain, there is no competition there in washington.

Only thing i hate about him is that hes been through serious injuries since he was drafted in 08
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk