Marshawn Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marshawn Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lynch to see more playing time, Spiller bring along slowly

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 am

Flyn high again wrote:If Green Bay has a hard time running against the Bears, their interest should pick up. If they lose to the Bears and only rush for 50 yds, I bet you see a trade or RB signing before the next game. Buffalo, on the other hand, seems to be run by 12 year olds who act and react without a lot of thinking. I'd love to play poker against their front office. A trade was logical for both teams yet neither wanted to lose leverage by pursuing it. GB needs an RB regardless of how much they say they don't. Buffalo has 3 RBs and MANY needs.

With the injuries and moves in New England, I'd add them to the mix, too. this wouldn't be good for Buffalo because Bill Belichick is smart enough to get Lynch and give away one or two guys he planned to cut anyways. I'd read the contract twice and count my change if I was dealing with him.

LOL this was awesome. It was like i was reading something I wrote but I didnt. Very well put my friend!! I especially liked the part about BB. That was great. And yeah Buffalo is beyond helping im starting to think and they are going to end up in Canada. I think they know that maybe thats why they are not doing anything who knows. I mean they have QB. You NEED a QB in this league if you are even going to THINK about winning any games. They have a high draft pick and pick Spiller.... Okay well now they have their franchise RB.... Now is the time to get the franchise back some PT. What do they do? They play someone who they already knows is not that great over the guy they just picked up who has more talent than Lynch does in one arm. I just dont get them. The Lions are no longer the laughing stock.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chchelse » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote: They play someone who they already knows is not that great over the guy they just picked up who has more talent than Lynch does in one arm. I just dont get them.

Marshawn Lynch

2007: 1299 total yds, 7tds

2008: 1336 toal yds, 9tds

Marshawn Lynch does not lack talent. Playing on the team you describe as a laughing stock, and behind what has been a poor offensive line, with a horrible pass offense, he put up those very respecable numbers. From what I've seen, he has always run very hard, getting tough yards. And he's only 24. I believe if you put him in the right situation, he would be a stud. If he ends up in either GB or NE, I think he will shine, and out-produce CJ Spiller by a wide margin.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beggarmike » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:15 am

Ted Thompson (GM, Packers) will NEVER trade for Lynch. The guy loves collecting Draft Picks more than he like sex. He's come out and said he'll always build through the draft. Even though he learned from Ron Wolf, he doesn't bring in Free Agents to "Round Out" his roster.

The only big name he brought in was Woodson... and that was when no one else wanted him.

WindLaker
(Life long Packer fan, living in America's Dairyland)
QB - Brees, Orton
RB - Charles, Grant, Greene, Carter
WR - Austin, Boldin, Williams (TB), Thomas (JAX)
TE - Finley, Fasano
K - Gostkowski, Feely
DEF - Atlanta, Cleveland
beggarmike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PurpleHaze » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 am

chchelse wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote: They play someone who they already knows is not that great over the guy they just picked up who has more talent than Lynch does in one arm. I just dont get them.

Marshawn Lynch

2007: 1299 total yds, 7tds

2008: 1336 toal yds, 9tds

Marshawn Lynch does not lack talent. Playing on the team you describe as a laughing stock, and behind what has been a poor offensive line, with a horrible pass offense, he put up those very respecable numbers. From what I've seen, he has always run very hard, getting tough yards. And he's only 24. I believe if you put him in the right situation, he would be a stud. If he ends up in either GB or NE, I think he will shine, and out-produce CJ Spiller by a wide margin.

I agree ;-D

A change of scenery would do wonders for Marshawn Lynch.
'07 and '08 The guy produced on a crappy team, and at 24 years old the sky is the limit...
On the right team, and given 20+ carries a game...
I believe Marshawn has top 10 ability, when healthy... That is the true key.. His health! :-o

As for Green Bay trading for him, that would be ideal...
As someone mentioned, Green Bay doesn't trade or bring in FA very often...
(They have the highest percentage of players drafted and playing for same team in the NFL something like 75%) They did draft B.Jackson in the 2nd round out of Nebraska, and was drafted to be the everydown back, yet got hurt... Isn't that when they TRADED for Ryan Grant??? anyone :-?

Could this be the time to do it again??? After last nights dissapointing loss, you know A.Rodgers will be screaming for a trade.. Bring on Marshawn Lynch!!!
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beggarmike » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:53 am

Grant was picked up on final cut-down day, after being waived by NYG. And after that, he didn't start for a few weeks.

I'd be glad to have Lynch... but Thompson will not do it.

We gave the friggin' Bears the game, with EIGHTEEN penalties.
QB - Brees, Orton
TE - Finley, Fasano
K - Gostkowski, Feely
DEF - Atlanta, Cleveland
beggarmike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:23 pm

From ESPN Milwaukee.com: "Time for Lynch?: Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch.

An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week."

Stay tuned in to this, guys. Lynch in a Packer's uniform would be a free to pick up RB1. I guarantee the Packer's front office is not a happy place today. Losing to the Bears on National TV ruined their week so I would not be surprised to see them make a move to get the warm fuzzy feelings back. After watching the game last night, it's obvious Jackson is not "the guy" and Kuhn is one dimensional.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Junse19 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Looks like Spiller's playing time just increased.
Junse19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Marshawn Lynch

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:35 pm

The Seahawks just acquired Lynch. Guess the Pack will have to look elsewhere...
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby beggarmike » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I hate to say "I told you so", but I did.

Thompson will ALWAYS build thru the draft, no matter how many guys get hurt.

He's an asshole.

beggar_mike
QB - Brees, Orton
TE - Finley, Fasano
K - Gostkowski, Feely
DEF - Atlanta, Cleveland
beggarmike
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk