Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RUMORED...Randy Moss to the Vikes?

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 am

How does this affect Julian Edelman? Tate is a FA, should I drop Edelman for Tate? I'd imagine this helps both of them, but who will be more reliable?
Cubsfan2803
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cnewby » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am

bisklimpkit wrote:I think this trade also helps the value of Peterson, as teams won't be so quick to stack the box with Moss out there. It'll get even better once Rice is back.

On the NE side of things, I think Green-Ellis, Hernandez, and Tate all get a boost, as well. I don't think NE will rely on the pass quite as much which is why Green-Ellis will do better, but as stated earlier, Welker will now be blanketed which will cause Hernandez and Tate to get more targets.

You use two completely opposite rationalizations for NE and MIN.....You say that it will help AP by getting defenders out of the box, but you also say it helps BGE by NE running more. I could easily argue that by saying MIN will now pass more(hurting AP) and NE will have more 8-9man boxes w/o Moss.....interesting POV you have. Either way, I think this trade makes sense for both teams moving forward.
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Thor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:43 pm

As for anyone holding Sidney Rice on their roster waiting for his comeback you might as well trash him.
1) I don't think the Vikes would have made this move if they thought Rice would play this year.
2) Even if he does play, Moss will eat all of his big points
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)

Postby bisklimpkit » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 pm

You use two completely opposite rationalizations for NE and MIN.....You say that it will help AP by getting defenders out of the box, but you also say it helps BGE by NE running more. I could easily argue that by saying MIN will now pass more(hurting AP) and NE will have more 8-9man boxes w/o Moss.....interesting POV you have. Either way, I think this trade makes sense for both teams moving forward.

I guess I should have clarified more. As it stood before the Moss trade, the Vikings WR corp was mediocre at best. Defences could key on the run as the secondary didn't need as tight of coverage as if they had a big play receiver to worry about. Now they'll need to commit another DB to pass coverage. I agree that the Vikes will likely pass more now, but AP should have the opportunity to break off a few more long runs. NE relied heavily on the pass and didn't rush the ball much (which should have helped the NE RBs have bigger holes, mind you) but the running game has never been a focus or terribly strong for NE. I think BGE will get more opportunities now that Moss is gone, so hopefully that will help his numbers. But, like you say, defences may now throw another guy into the box and it'll end up being a wash.

All in all, I agree with it being good for both teams, though fantasy-wise it'll probably end up hurting the Vikings WRs who aren't named Moss.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 140)

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I agree with JavaDude who says watch for NE to pick up Jackson. It's a move that makes sense. GM Smith, in San Diego, has taken some heat for refusing to compromise on a trade and with Moss only getting a 3rd round pick, he may soften his position to move Jackson before the deadline. NE's worse 3rd pick and a conditional would be my guess, or NE's better 3rd and no conditional.

Minnesota needed help NOW, might be too late to wait for week 8 or 9 so I don't necessarily see this trade as saying Rice won't be back this year. Everything I read says his treatment is on schedule and he thinks he could walk without crutches now even though the Drs. still have him on them. I'm holding on to him in both my leagues until I hear definitely that he can't return in time to help during FF playoffs. With Moss double teamed and Favre's familiarity with Rice, I could see him putting up huge numbers once he is back. Anytime you put a good WR1 in a WR2 slot, he'll be open nearly every play [Fitzgerald/Boldin, T.O./Ochocinco, etc.]
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JavaDude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 am

Rumors are spreading of a possible trade between the Seahawks and Patriots for WR Deion Branch.

Nothing is imminent right now, but Tom Brady has been "lobbying" for Branch, according to Pats beat writer Shalise Manza Young. A move would make sense for both sides. The Seahawks have young receiver talent that needs to get on the field and Branch had his best seasons in New England. Still, knee injuries have crippled Branch's on-field production and he'd just be a supporting player behind Brandon Tate this time around in New England.
Source: Danny O'Neil on Twitter
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Does this make Moss an elite WR again? Just traded my Charles for Moss, looking for some reassurance but I think it was a solid deal.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:21 pm

sadlyajetsfan wrote:Does this make Moss an elite WR again? Just traded my Charles for Moss, looking for some reassurance but I think it was a solid deal.

again ??????????????????? 8-o
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)

Randy Moss waived by vikings

Postby AJbasbal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:04 pm

AJbasbal
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Randy Moss waived by vikings

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Yikes 8-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk