Moss to the Vikings!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss to the Vikings!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moss to the Vikings!!!

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Stupid question, I know, but how much is he going to play next game? He's gonna play a full set of snaps, right?
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Sex Panther wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Here's my question and I'm not sure why no one has brought this up: Does the deal itself (Moss for a 3rd rounder) strike anyone else as strange? Couldn't the Patriots have gotten more? :-?

You would think so, but I guess that's the "Patriot Way"...

If I was a Pats fan, I would be absolutely livid by this move.

In a sense, I am, but at the same time, I've sort of come to expect this sort of thing by now.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Sex Panther wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Here's my question and I'm not sure why no one has brought this up: Does the deal itself (Moss for a 3rd rounder) strike anyone else as strange? Couldn't the Patriots have gotten more? :-?

ya'll are crazy, pats are the smartest org. in the nfl....they gave only a 4th round pick for moss, and now he's 33 and they are getting a 3rd for him...this is how they constatly stay a top team year in and year out.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:

ya'll are crazy, pats are the smartest org. in the nfl....they gave only a 4th round pick for moss, and now he's 33 and they are getting a 3rd for him...this is how they constatly stay a top team year in and year out.

In no way, shape, or form, does this help the Patriots now.

If Moss were to have stayed w/ the Patriots for the entire season, and signed w/ another team, they would have gotten a compensation 3rd RD pick in the 2012 draft.

A 3rd RD pick next year, or a 3rd RD pick in 2012 does not equal the value Moss brings to the Patriots offense.

Losing Moss now, even if his skills are eroding will hurt the Patriots TREMENDOUSLY, this year.

I agree that they are typically well ahead of the curve when it comes to this kind of stuff.

That doesn't mean I'm going to blindly say "oh, this must be a good move." Because IMO - it flat out isn't.

I looked at video of all 3 of Moss's TD's this year - 2 came in triple coverage, the other was a sick 1 handed catch after beating the leagues best cover corner (Revis).

I looked at video of all 3 of Welker's TD's this year - 2 in single coverage w/ Moss occupying the D on the other side of the field, the other in a 2 TE/Welker bunch w/ 2 defenders for the 3 options - Moss on the other side of the field occupying the D.

I looked at video of BGE's Monday night TD run - 3 defenders cheating towards Moss allowed BGE to run it right up the gut, basically untouched.

That aspect of their offense is gone & they have no one on that roster who can come close to duplicating what Moss does to other defenses.

Could Tate be good? Sure.

Could Gronkowski & Hernandez be really good? Sure.

Is Welker a stud, NFL WR1? Not by a long shot.

Do they have a beast at RB? Nope, not even close.

Does this team have a chance to win a championship in 2010? Not anymore IMO.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby petedog9 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:15 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:

The pats arent nearly as smart as they used to be when they had all of those video cameras rollin'..... :-D When they knew what was coming, they were pure genius.. Now not so much...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Looking back, not hard to see this coming. Not that I did, mind you, but the pieces add up. Barks about contract after week 1, targets dwindle, heated discussion with OC at halftime Monday. Traded. Easy Peasey.
Think they will try to feed Tate deep routes in hopes to keep Ds from smothering Welker.
Edelman more healthy and will pick up softer coverage that Welker used to get.
If Tate can't keep Ds honest deep, run game will suffer.
Brady will add pout to his boyish haircut.

Moss values jumps up to potentail top WR status.
Favre may get healthy all of a sudden.
Harvin should reap benefits of more daylight to run to in scared poopless secodaries.
Roy Halladay just threw a no-hitter.
Rice must be recovering slower than Vikes had hoped.

Another interesting thought is what if the Pats were now in position to trade for Vincent Jackson? Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4840 ... he-vikings

A reach, but adding Jackson to replace Moss adds youth without losing so much talent. hmmm.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm

petedog9 wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:

The pats arent nearly as smart as they used to be when they had all of those video cameras rollin'..... :-D When they knew what was coming, they were pure genius.. Now not so much...

I guess it was a nice 3 year reprieve. Seriously, let's keep beating this to the ground :-t

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm

I agree with most of the player value changes, but Shiancoe. I think he takes a big hit.

The VJax in NE idea has been virtually destroyed, though I would have loved it. The Patriots reportedly would prefer not to pay big money to a WR.

Anyone think Welker will make a good buy after struggling against the Raven week 6?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Re: Moss to the Vikings???

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:24 am

bagobonez wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:This is great news for Vikes fans and Harvin owners.
This is terrible news for Pats fans and Welker owners.

This is just another example of Belichek's huge ego. He's been able to cut loose stars like Milloy and Law and still win but this move is really going to hurt the team.

Yep. Belichick's all about cutting veterans before they get past their prime, and he's been able to get away with it because younger players have stepped up and filled those roles, but it's finally starting to catch up to them. You can't just let guys like Randy Moss, Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel walk and expect to still win Super Bowls 3 out of 4 years.

Back to Moss though... I'm not sure what to think about what this does to his value. I think it could potentially send Moss to the top again. LIke someone already said, Favre does tend to lean on one guy, last year it was Rice, if Moss steps in it would most definitely be him. Then you factor in the fact that he could see some pretty favorable matchups and deep opportunities with defenses having to account for Peterson on every play. But if the Vikings stick to the run-first approach that they've used so far in 2010, Moss' numbers won't be any better than they have been so far in 2010 with the Pats.

Samuel wanted to test free agency and I was happy they didn't try to match the contract the Eagles gave him. As for Seymour, how exactly is it "letting him walk" when you trade a 30 + year old defender for the first round pick of a perennial cellar dweller?

I'm sad to see Moss go, but I have enough faith in the organization to not worry too much.

On a personal level, my two Patriots jerseys are now relics. A Randy home jersey and a Maroney road jersey. :-t
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:09 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
petedog9 wrote:
JoshKnows46 wrote:

I guess it was a nice 3 year reprieve. Seriously, let's keep beating this to the ground :-t

" Patriot Way" ..........." Smartest team"....... "This is how they stay on top"

hear jokes much??? GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ ..... :-B Somebody is grumpy.. and if its been 3 years.. How can that be construed as beating it into the ground?? I am not willing to let it go yet... You know sweep it under the rug... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk