Return to Football Talk

Moss to the Vikings!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moss to the Vikings!!!

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:47 pm

petedog9 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
petedog9 wrote:

The pats arent nearly as smart as they used to be when they had all of those video cameras rollin'..... :-D When they knew what was coming, they were pure genius.. Now not so much...

I guess it was a nice 3 year reprieve. Seriously, let's keep beating this to the ground :-t

" Patriot Way" ..........." Smartest team"....... "This is how they stay on top"

hear jokes much??? GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ ..... :-B Somebody is grumpy.. and if its been 3 years.. How can that be construed as beating it into the ground?? I am not willing to let it go yet... You know sweep it under the rug... :-D

I do think that 3 years is the statute of limitations for cheating your way to titles. I say we now measure them by what they do on the field. So, how many titles since they had the cameras turned off and the lights on. :-b
Hey, I'm joking..sort of. Really, how brilliant have they been lately? It may have nothing to do with prior indiscreations, but the seed of doubt Bilechik planted grows into the cynacism and snide remarks of today.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 pm

moochman wrote:I do think that 3 years is the statute of limitations for cheating your way to titles. I say we now measure them by what they do on the field. So, how many titles since they had the cameras turned off and the lights on. :-b
Hey, I'm joking..sort of. Really, how brilliant have they been lately? It may have nothing to do with prior indiscreations, but the seed of doubt Bilechik planted grows into the cynacism and snide remarks of today.

I think their prior brilliance (and current very good-ness) is based on their defensive decline and complete collapse of a running game. Their recent draft focus on defense, and disregard for Moss and the philosophical obsession with a pass-heavy, Indy-style offense that got wins and not titles, is overall, I think, a good think for New England.

And I hate them for this change.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Plus it was waaaaaaaayyyy easier to defense a play when you knew what was coming.... ;-D :-D :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tcwhy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 pm

petedog9 wrote:Thanks Jake.. As expected.. Look at the dropoff the past two weeks... From 8 and 10 the first two week to nothing the last two.. HMMMMMMMMM.... You cant say "he was double coverred" since he is always double coverred.. I think Brady knew this was coming...

According to an espn article today, there may be some truth to Brady knowing this was coming...

"Patriots quarterback Tom Brady recently was in touch with Seattle Seahawks receiver Deion Branch about the possibility of having him rejoin New England to fill the void created by the trade of Randy Moss to Minnesota, a league source told the Boston Globe.

The source also told the Globe that Brady had been in touch with Branch during the past week because he knew the Moss trade was in the works.

And according to the Boston Herald, the Patriots and Seahawks have had preliminary talks about the possibility of a Branch trade."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/ne ... id=5661743
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Picksburgh » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:36 pm

I was excited when this news first broke out. Now, I have to admit that I am a little concerned about the Favre/Jets PR girl situation. With photos and voicemails being put online, and them playing the Jets on MNF you have to think the story will pick up and get inside his head. Will it lead to a Tiger Woods like downward spiral?
Picksburgh
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Picksburgh wrote:I was excited when this news first broke out. Now, I have to admit that I am a little concerned about the Favre/Jets PR girl situation. With photos and voicemails being put online, and them playing the Jets on MNF you have to think the story will pick up and get inside his head. Will it lead to a Tiger Woods like downward spiral?

Tiger Woods like, I doubt it. Another distraction, sure. How this translates on the grid iron remains to be seen.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:10 am

moochman wrote:
petedog9 wrote:
I guess it was a nice 3 year reprieve. Seriously, let's keep beating this to the ground :-t

" Patriot Way" ..........." Smartest team"....... "This is how they stay on top"

hear jokes much??? GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ ..... :-B Somebody is grumpy.. and if its been 3 years.. How can that be construed as beating it into the ground?? I am not willing to let it go yet... You know sweep it under the rug... :-D

I do think that 3 years is the statute of limitations for cheating your way to titles. I say we now measure them by what they do on the field. So, how many titles since they had the cameras turned off and the lights on. :-b

Eh, still been better the last 3 years than your Lions :-b

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:32 pm

moochman wrote:
petedog9 wrote:

Eh, still been better the last 3 years than your Lions :-b

Three? Buddy boy, where you been? Its been more like a decade. :-° :~(

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:33 am

Sex Panther wrote:
Picksburgh wrote:I was excited when this news first broke out. Now, I have to admit that I am a little concerned about the Favre/Jets PR girl situation. With photos and voicemails being put online, and them playing the Jets on MNF you have to think the story will pick up and get inside his head. Will it lead to a Tiger Woods like downward spiral?

Tiger Woods like, I doubt it. Another distraction, sure. How this translates on the grid iron remains to be seen.

Can't imagine Favre'll get distracted. He handled the death of his father pretty damn well, production-wise.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:38 am

Not sure if anyone else caught this on the CBS pregame show. I also saw it on Yahoo... Brady and Moss went toe to toe in the locker room last week because Moss told Brady that his haircut made him look like a girl..... BA HA HA HA HA.... Belicheck confirms again that he is a liar when he said there ws never a problem.. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I knew there was something to Brady purposely not lookig at Moss...

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssp ... 8/25143062

and here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-275875
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk