Moss to the Vikings!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss to the Vikings!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moss to the Vikings!!!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 am

petedog9 wrote:Not sure if anyone else caught this on the CBS pregame show. I also saw it on Yahoo... Brady and Moss went toe to toe in the locker room last week because Moss told Brady that his haircut made him look like a girl..... BA HA HA HA HA.... Belicheck confirms again that he is a liar when he said there ws never a problem.. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I knew there was something to Brady purposely not lookig at Moss...

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssp ... 8/25143062

and here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-275875

A couple things about this:

First, this quote is awesome:
Gentlemen, gentlemen; both your follicle-stylings look awful. Brady telling Moss that his hair looks bad is like Creed telling Nickleback that they're lame. Takes one to know one.

Second, Brady is a professional, and I highly doubt he would let anything like this actually affect him. He didn't look at Moss because Moss wasn't open while Welker and Co were. Moss getting traded is a coincidence and surely has more to do with him constantly complaining about his contract than any spat he may or may not have had with Brady over his hair. Let's also not forget, Brady threw a great ball to Moss in the endzone that Moss dropped.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am

Fleshner.... Are the Pats your favorite team by chance?
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I actually do believe the hair incident was the trigger for the Moss deal. ESPN reported that Belichick had offered to re-open contract negotiations after the hair incident, but Moss declined. As other people have said (I don't know the details on this), the Pats would have gotten a compensation pick if Moss left anyways, so it really makes no sense to trade him away. Unless Brady hated him so much it was affecting the operation of the offense. Which sounds absurd, but stranger things have happened.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:19 pm

petedog9 wrote:Fleshner.... Are the Pats your favorite team by chance?

How did you guess? :-b

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
petedog9 wrote:Fleshner.... Are the Pats your favorite team by chance?

How did you guess? :-b

HOMER*** cough******HOMER***** :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Considering how great the coverage on Moss was and how often Favre looked his way, for those who were able to trade for him because anyone doubted his skills before this week...good job. I think we are looking at the top WR from this week on
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:Considering how great the coverage on Moss was and how often Favre looked his way, for those who were able to trade for him because anyone doubted his skills before this week...good job. I think we are looking at the top WR from this week on

What nutjob would doubt his skill? I think the Pats are better with Branch that Moss, but certainly not on a skills basis. The upside of no Moss is that the Pats can stick to high percentage plays and only throw long when a receiver breaks wide open. With Moss on your team, you have to force the ball to him, and that has to result in some INTs. That's how the team can be better without a future Hall of Famer than with him.

Nothing against Moss. He's a great athlete, and cleaned up his act in New England. It's just that the Patriots are completely built around a star quarterback, and a star wideout actually works against the system.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:27 am

DraftDodger wrote:
sadlyajetsfan wrote:Considering how great the coverage on Moss was and how often Favre looked his way, for those who were able to trade for him because anyone doubted his skills before this week...good job. I think we are looking at the top WR from this week on

What nutjob would doubt his skill? I think the Pats are better with Branch that Moss, but certainly not on a skills basis. The upside of no Moss is that the Pats can stick to high percentage plays and only throw long when a receiver breaks wide open. With Moss on your team, you have to force the ball to him, and that has to result in some INTs. That's how the team can be better without a future Hall of Famer than with him.

Nothing against Moss. He's a great athlete, and cleaned up his act in New England. It's just that the Patriots are completely built around a star quarterback, and a star wideout actually works against the system.

I agreed with you until that last paragraph. A star wideout like Wayne (or Marvin Harrison) who is willing to take a hit in his stats for the good of the team would work within the system. Owens is the exact opposite of that, while Norv Turner's habit last year of taking what the defense gives him turned VJax into a star the 1st half of the season and then a decoy for a 4-week or so stretch. But, you never heard Jackson complain- that's the kind of personality you're looking for.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 pm

DraftDodger wrote:

I read a lot of stuff about people speculating he was too old to separate from the younger CBs in the league. I agree with you though, never said anything about it being a great situation for Moss and the Pats to be together recently. I think with the fallout between him or Brady it had to happen. The Patriots have lived without a star WR and are a very efficient team, they will go back to their roots and everything will be fine. The only way he works in NE is purely to make room for Welker and Hernandez to get more yardage underneath. Moss and Favre though....match made in heaven
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 am

Any chance Brandon Tate continues to return kicks? Or is he too important to the offense now?

If he's taken off kick returns this move will more than likely cause him to lose value in the one league I have him in.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk