Viking fantasy implications with Moss. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Viking fantasy implications with Moss.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Viking fantasy implications with Moss.

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 am

So Moss is back where it all started, bathing in the cleansing waters of Lake Minnetonka with Old Man Wrangler.

What does this translate to fantasy wise?

IMO, Favre gets a tremndous boost - he gets a game breaking deep threat to strecth defenses.

Harvin gets a huge boost - he is not ready to be a go to WR, but has game changer ability & is absolutely electric - not sure if he was still handling PR & KR duties due to his expanded role in the offense - I bet he's back returning kicks & punts now & Randy is the WR teams are going to game plan to stop.

Schiancoe gets a boost - he'll lose out on targets, but Moss will open up the middle of the field.

AP gets a boost - he'll probably not get 25+ touches a game very often, but with Moss streching the field, chances are he'll see less safety help at the line, as long as Old Man Wrangler doesn't audible out of every running play, AP is in line from some gaudy YPC numbers. PI in the endzone will happen w/ Moss back there - I smell lots of 1 yard TD plunges coming up.

Berrian sucks - not worth mentioning.

Caramillo turns to the possesion guy - a role he is definately suited for.

Wild Card here is Rice, is he not ready to come off PUP? Will he be phased out or benefit from Randy? A 3 WR set of Moss, Rice, and Harvin w/ Schiacoe roaming the middle of the field & AP lurking is absoltely terrifying to me as a Bears fan.

Minny D/ST should also benefit in a big way - this offense should score a ton, Harvin back returning kicks & punts is lethal, and that pass rush will be playing with a lead.

Moss is in line for a bump in value as well, gone are the days of a handful of targets - Favre will lock on to him and chuck it all over the place...

IMO the Vikings got a whole lot better.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Viking fantasy implications with Moss.

Postby Big Game JLo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:56 am

I'm actually concerned about Schiancoe's value. He was reaping a lot of attention in the previous games, leading the team in receptions. With the fact that Moss will be targeted around 10+ times per game and ADP in the backfield, it makes me wonder what will be left for Schiancoe. Even more so when you factor in Harvin & Rice.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SetYourselfFree » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 am

Percy had already been returning kicks all season. He was the only WR occasionally seeing double teams with Rice out. The addition of Moss will free everyone up and Percy will be a reliable WR 2-3 once again.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Percy is going to explode IMO. I was also curious to maybe see what this does to Rice's value. Last year Rice was the one drawing all of the attention, but with the addition of Moss, I think Rice may have some incredible second half numbers.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby spodog » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Percy is going to explode IMO. I was also curious to maybe see what this does to Rice's value. Last year Rice was the one drawing all of the attention, but with the addition of Moss, I think Rice may have some incredible second half numbers.

That's assuming they don't IR the guy. At this point, he seems to be so far behind his rehab schedule, he may miss the 3 week PUP window altogether, and the Vikes don't have extra roster spots to carry guys who can't even walk without a limp.

Rice is a wait and see candidate at best right now.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk