buy low receivers... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

buy low receivers...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: buy low receivers...

Postby radiohead625 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:19 pm

clayton is starting not to be a buy low already unfortunately :( my league sucks and no one knows how to trade.
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Bowe, Fitz, Crabtree, Steve Smith (both NYG and CAR), Colston, Harvin
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

If you can find someone who got scared because Santana Moss put up an 0-0-0 receiving line last week, go make them an attractive offer and trade for S Moss.

You won't regret it.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby radiohead625 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:02 pm

i thought this would be a more popular topic.
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dunbar2007 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 pm

it's popular bro...I just went out and traded Stafford who was on my IR spot and Mike Tolbert to a team with horrid RB's for Clayton. Might try and trade Knox for Crabtree or Ward as I loved Knox this year, but if Cutler can't remain upright, he is a waste...
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby radiohead625 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

ouch clayton! he was just getting good too... im so mad someone stole brandon lloyd from me off the waivers a few weeks ago. What do we think about roy e. williams now? Who else looks promising?
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ozymandias19 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 am

I actually just recently traded for Colston, he is a stud, and proved today he is the number one target.

Bowe had three drops today, no? I wouldn't buy him at all.

I also think some people are jumping the gun on Harvin, I don't know why, I just have a feeling he won't compare to what he was last year. With Moss on the team now, he will be open more, but the Old Man won't care, he is going to force it to Moss no matter what, or Moss will start bitching.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cuffs » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Bad timing with Clayton. Season ending injury just after you acquired him. Too bad.

Colston is the best option, IMO. This past week is his best so far, and someone might actually think they're selling high on Colston if they get rid of him. He's Brees' #1, and that's a good offense. The Saints are struggling because they don't have a running game and defenses are aware of that. But Colston has been without a TD this year, and he is too good (and his QB and OL are too good) for him to continue this mediocre pace.

Steve Smith NYG seems like a good candidate. After his year last year, teams are focusing on him and leaving Nicks. After his second multiple touchdown game this week, Nicks will be getting more attention by DBs. That's bound to benefit Smith.

I would NOT buy Carolina Steve Smith at any price. The QB situation is awful, and the team is awful. Smith is a good player and would have more value on just about any other team. He will probably have a big game here or there, but will be completely inconsistent throughout the season.

I'm a big believer in a Roy Williams comeback year. With Austin getting the attention, Williams is going to have opportunities. He doesn't seem to have the chops to be a team's franchise receiver, but is absolutely has the skill to be a consistent low-end WR2-WR 3, IMO.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Go get Danny Armendola if you can. Seems to be the internal solution for Clayton's season-ending injury. Regardless of his talent, 19 targets is 19 targets.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:22 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Go get Danny Armendola if you can. Seems to be the internal solution for Clayton's season-ending injury. Regardless of his talent, 19 targets is 19 targets.

And caught 12 of them. ppr goldmine.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk