Jay Cutler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jay Cutler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jay Cutler

Postby bungle613 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Jay Cutler indicated Wednesday that he doesn't anticipate a major decrease in interceptions in new OC Mike Martz's system.

Kurt Warner combined for 40 INTs during the 2000 and 2001 seasons under Martz, while Marc Bulger had a career-high 22 picks for Martz in '03. "That's part of this offense," explained Cutler. "It's not a read and see what happens and let it fly, it's a read and let it fly. So balls are going to be in the air." The 2010 Rotoworld Draft Guide projects Cutler to throw 19 picks this season.
Source: ESPN Chicago

There you go Jay, just own up to it now. If you look at the history of it, yup, he is going to throw a bunch of picks.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: LOL...Cutler predicts lots of INT's

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:49 am

"A lot" is a very speculative term - I highly doubt he puts up the 26 he did last year, however I don't think 20 is a stretch, I do think he easily eclipes 4K yards & flirts w/ 30+ TD.

My real worry w/ the Martz offense is the WR we have - the way this offense runs, guys need absolutely know what they are doing in terms of routes, they need to be crisp & well run - not very confident that we have anybody on the roster who lists that as one of their strengths

Another concern is the line - Cutler needs time to allow these patterns to develop - Kruetz & Williams should be fine & the TE from SD should help, Taylor and Forte are both good blocking backs, but the RT & 2 G slots are definately a big concern for me personally.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: LOL...Cutler predicts lots of INT's

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:15 am

LOL, I get a kick out of the scrawl on NFL network that says Cutler threw 27 TDs and 26 INTs and Martz was brought in to help. I immediately thought "He doesn't need any help throwing INTs."

This has potential disaster written all over it. Martz O demand the QB function highly under the most severe pressure. Cutler didn't exactly maintain his cool last season, what is he going to do with carte blanche to throw and increased pass rush pressure? Three letters come to mind.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Jay Cutler

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:18 am

Jay Cutler finished just 10-of-20 for 129 yards and two interceptions against the Cardinals in Saturday's preseason game.

If it's possible, he looked even worse than the numbers. Cutler was actually given time to throw this week, but his timing was off all night. He's also developing the bad habit of free lancing in the pocket and throwing off his back foot. It may be time to adjust expectations downward. Cutler's preseason passer rating is sitting at 62.3 through three games.

I still think this guy is a grade A dufus. Even though I think he is a solid sleeper this year main, I dread drafting him.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:46 am

Jay Cutler conceded that he's going through "trust issues" with his offensive line after he was sacked nine times in the first two preseason games.

Cutler was sacked four times Saturday, but he tripped on one and the other was a coverage sack. "We had some protection issues last game," Cutler said. "There might have still been some little effects from that, just trusting the guys up there." Cutler was starting to sport "happy feet" at the slightest hint of pressure Saturday night. It's a troublesome sign heading into the season because the pressure isn't going away.
Source: CSN Chicago

Excuse #3

I am just going to hammer the guy until he produces.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Jay Cutler injured Sunday night, week 4.

SNF says he has a concussion. Todd Collins is in as Bears' QB.
Last edited by Flyn high again on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Just confirmed by Rotoworld: "Jay Cutler was removed from Sunday's game for the start of the second half due to a concussion.
He will not return. Cutler looked to be injured when the Giants' Aaron Ross registered the Giants' ninth sack just before halftime. "
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HomerJay » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Roto:

Jay is starting week 5 vs. Car
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby k.k. » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah, don't worry, Cutler will be back out there for week 5. Despite all that happened in the CHI/NYG game, Cutler and the Bears are still a good bet in fantasy. I wouldn't worry too much.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm

HomerJay wrote:Roto:

Jay is starting week 5 vs. Car

Yes. Diagnosis: Faked concussion to stop the arse kicking he was taking.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk