How 'Bout them Patriots? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How 'Bout them Patriots?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How 'Bout them Patriots?

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:15 pm

let's face it, they're not pretty, we just win, but that's just fine with me.

The Patriots have taken many years off my life with their nail biters this season.

This is the fourth time this season that they have won games when it looked like defeat. Here are thos four games....

1) AT Miami : Patritos block what would've been a game winning field goal at the end of regulation, and then Mare misses another game winning opportunity in OT. Brady makes them pay with a 82 yard TD pass to Brown.

2) AT Denver: down one with under four minutes left and punting our own end zone, belicheck wisely takes the safety. The D comes up with the much needed three and out, and Brady caps off another comeback with a TD to David Givens.

3) AT Houston: Patriots cap off an 80 yard game tying drive with an acrobatic catch by Daniel Graham on 4th and one with the game on line. The Defense came up big stopping the Texans on a drive that started on the Patriots 35 yard line. Brady then started with the ball inside his own 20 yard line and drove the team down for the game winning field goal.

4) vs. TEN: McNair leads the Titans to a third quarter lead, only to see Mike Cloud score what would be the winning TD with less than four minutes left. With two minutes to go, Ty Law seels the deal with an interception return for a touchdown.

The Patriots have obtained their 9-2 record with numerous injuries, it seems as though there are key players out every game.

Key players that have missed at least two games due to injury: Rooselvelt Colvin, Ted Washington, Ted Johnson, David Patten, Troy Brown, Ty Law, David Givens

Now I am not going to get ahead of myself and say that the Patriots are definitely going to the Super Bowl, because their are plenty of teams that COULD beat them. However, as of right now, you would have to say that their chances are as good as anyone's.

Remember: They're not pretty, they just win.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:27 pm

Yup. I don't know how they do it. Give Brady a lot of credit. That kid has moxie--he just knows how to win.

Go Pats! ;-D
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:47 pm

David Carr plays in that game and the pats lose by two touchdowns

Friendliness: %

Postby Drefsab » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:56 pm

Patriots play the colts this weekend and i'm going.

Hopefully their are a couple of Patriots fans nearby in case I get attacked in my jersey...
Drefsab
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:David Carr plays in that game and the pats lose by two touchdowns

well, he didn't play in that game, so I guess we'll never know
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 4Pack » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:26 pm

All I will say is....remember the 13-3 Bears a couple years back. The Pats certainly have better talent than that Bears team did and more expierience....but "winning ugly" is tough too do in the playoffs.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:57 am

And this word of warning; Brady has tanked over the last quarter of past seasons. I hope he doesn't this year because he is my QB until McNair comes back.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:47 am

The Pats have won 6 games by a TD or less this season. Either they are really good in the clutch, or they aren't good enough to blow teams out. I'll put my money on the latter.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:53 am

Anonymous wrote:David Carr plays in that game and the pats lose by two touchdowns

Gotta love "guests". Football is full of injuries; good teams overcome them. Sure, the Texans would play better with Carr, but wouldn't the Patriots play better with Givens, Brown or Colvin? How about having Washington in for more of the season? Or a non-gimpy law. If you play the "if" game in football, you've already lost.

Oh, and I'm glad people keep underestimating the Patriots; the Rams did in 2001. Look, you can talk all you want about not winning big, about not winning pretty, etc. The Patriots win, and that's what matters.

And, King, you're wrong; it's the former. Brady is great in clutch.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:36 pm

moochman wrote:And this word of warning; Brady has tanked over the last quarter of past seasons. I hope he doesn't this year because he is my QB until McNair comes back.

I wouldn't worry too much about McNair. He is as tough as they come and I would be surprised if he doesn't play this week. I won't be starting him, but I think he will play.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk