How 'Bout them Patriots? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How 'Bout them Patriots?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Josh Weed » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:20 pm

yea, you cant say anything about carr playing and how things might have been different. The pats would have confused the crap out of him, and I dont think things would have been much difterent. BUt as another person said, things would have been different if the pats had a number of guys. I think a lot of bradys poor play last year was piss poor play calling. He was great at the beginning of the year when he could throw down field a little. Then they tried to get a running game going and stopped, and ran and ran and ran, and sucked. THen they tried screen passes the rest of the year. Brady couldnt do much with those play calls. This year, they seem to be taking what they have for talent and using it rather than forcing one type of game like last year. They just need to get a little more consistent from beginning to end to be considered even to KC and INdy
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:15 pm

So how do you Pats fans like the Defense? Especially in weeks 15 & 16. Are they looking like a good pick-up?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Arlo » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:40 pm

KingGhidra wrote:The Pats have won 6 games by a TD or less this season. Either they are really good in the clutch, or they aren't good enough to blow teams out. I'll put my money on the latter.

Sure, luck is always a factor in close games. But the coaching has certainly played a part as well - the folks on the New England sidelines should receive quite a bit of credit. ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:50 am

Shall we revisit this thread after beating the Colts?

Let me guess, the Patriots got lucky again?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:54 am

I still hate them. They just moved into the #1 spot over the 49ers now.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:56 am

KingGhidra wrote:I still hate them. They just moved into the #1 spot over the 49ers now.

"Hate"? Hate? The Patriots are full of hard working players. Belichick refuses to put up with headcases like Moss, Owens, MeShawn, etc. How can you hate the Pats?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:12 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I still hate them. They just moved into the #1 spot over the 49ers now.

"Hate"? Hate? The Patriots are full of hard working players. Belichick refuses to put up with headcases like Moss, Owens, MeShawn, etc. How can you hate the Pats?

Because 5 years ago, there were no Patriots fans. Now there's tons of them. Just like back in the 80's when everyone was a 49ers frontrunner... I mean fan.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:28 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:

Because 5 years ago, there were no Patriots fans. Now there's tons of them. Just like back in the 80's when everyone was a 49ers frontrunner... I mean fan.

Well, there's a bandwagon effect in every sport. I grew up in Boston--check the baseball board, I'm just shy of 2,000 posts and an avowed BoSox fan--and am no bandwagoner. I think your hate is misplaced--you'll always hate popular teams. I think you need to look beyond that and look at the team. There are few teams with more class.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan5328 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:44 pm

Living in Connecticut, you see the amount of Patriot fans go up and down with how they are doing. 15 years ago, I was the only Pats fan in high school wearing my Tippett Jersey. Everyone was a Giants fan with a few 49r fans in the mix. I saw alot of Giants fans defect to the Cowboys from my freshman year to my senior year and when Parcells came in, it seemed the rest of the Giants fans converted to Patriot fans. There will always be people jumping on the bandwagon as well as true fans. Just learn to live with it.

The Mofos (7-6)
Ten team league
QB's:Pennington*, Plummer (start 1)
RB's:Tomlinson*, Deuce*, Shipp, Dillon (start 2)
WR's:Coles*, S. Moss*, Glenn*, Streets, Branch (start three)
Kickers: Josh Brown*, Gary Anderson (start 1)
Defense: Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans (start 1, play matchups with this position)
Dan5328
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dan5328 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:44 pm

Living in Connecticut, you see the amount of Patriot fans go up and down with how they are doing. 15 years ago, I was the only Pats fan in high school wearing my Tippett Jersey. Everyone was a Giants fan with a few 49r fans in the mix. I saw alot of Giants fans defect to the Cowboys from my freshman year to my senior year and when Parcells came in, it seemed the rest of the Giants fans converted to Patriot fans. There will always be people jumping on the bandwagon as well as true fans. Just learn to live with it.

The Mofos (7-6)
Ten team league
QB's:Pennington*, Plummer (start 1)
RB's:Tomlinson*, Deuce*, Shipp, Dillon (start 2)
WR's:Coles*, S. Moss*, Glenn*, Streets, Branch (start three)
Kickers: Josh Brown*, Gary Anderson (start 1)
Defense: Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans (start 1, play matchups with this position)
Dan5328
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk