Peyton Hillis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton Hillis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peyton Hillis

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:50 am

Hillis says he'll play Sunday: Browns RB Peyton Hillis (thigh) did not practice Friday but told reporters that he's "perfectly fine" and expects to start vs. the Falcons in Week 5. Hillis said he strained his thigh muscle running a go route in practice. Head coach Eric Mangini said that Hillis' thigh "shouldn't be an issue for the game," according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
(Updated 10/08/2010)

and

If healthy, the 250-pound bruiser will look to batter an Atlanta defense that ranks 11th in the NFL against the run (96.3 yards). Hillis, who has scored a rushing touchdown in each of the first four games to become the first Browns back to do that since Greg Pruitt had five in a row in 1975, faced the Falcons two years ago, while with Denver. He ran for 44 yards and two TDs on 10 carries. Even though the Falcons aren't giving up a ton of rushing yards per game, they've allowed 4.6 yards yards per carry, so Hillis has a good chance for another big performance. True, 37 of his 102 yards last week came in the final drive, when the Browns were running out the clock to preserve a three-point lead, but with a healthy Jerome Harrison not getting a single touch last week, Hillis has clearly become the go-to guy in the Browns offense. They'll keep him involved even if they fall behind, so you should keep him active as a No. 1 Fantasy RB. This thigh injury shouldn't stop him from playing on Sunday.
(Updated 10/08/2010).
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Peyton Hillis

Postby tbagz » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hillis goes down to injury this week. It's not like I don't like the guy but you can't run like he does week in and week out without getting injured. Not to mention Mangina head coach guy will pound the rock relentlessly cause he doesn't know how to coach.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:33 am

I must admit that I have the same concern. Thinking of starting Bush over him, but am probably over-managing.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby berdugoba » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:27 am

Peyton is a must start. I have no doubt in my mind that this guy is the real deal and will score again in Week 5. Besides, Cleveland isn't very deep at RBs, so he is their running game.
berdugoba
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chchelse » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 am

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Peyton Hillis was "pretty sore" after a 29-touch effort in Week 4, prompting him to be limited in this week's practices due to a thigh injury.

Hillis was held out of Friday's practice altogether and is listed as questionable for Week 5. The Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto believes that the Browns need to work in Jerome Harrison more because Hillis "can't carry the running game alone." No player in football has more touches than Hillis over the past two weeks. We'll know his status for Sunday's game against Atlanta in less than two hours, but he is tentatively expected to start.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chchelse » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:55 am

FOX Sports' John Czarnecki reports that Peyton Hillis (questionable, thigh) will start Sunday's game against the Falcons.

"The Czar" also reports that Seneca Wallace will start at quarterback, saying Jake Delhomme "is healthy enough to be the backup." Czarnecki isn't know for his accuracy on such matters, but all indications coming out of Cleveland are that Hillis will get the nod. Czarnecki calls his thigh injury only a "bruise," but does concede "a chance" that Jerome Harrison might play more
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chchelse » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:57 am

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that Peyton Hillis will start against the Falcons in Week 5.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk