Which RB's to start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which RB's to start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which RB's to start

Postby Major Damage » Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:20 pm

Hello, Please pick two of the following RB's to start and why. System I am in is 6 pts for TD, +3 for TD over 50 yrds, +2 pts for rushing over 100 yards

I have:

E. James - Ind
T. Henry - Buf
M.Pittman - TB
J. Lewis - Bal
Stewart - Det

Here is my stab and why.
Who I start & Why:
James - even though he is coming off ACL, you gotta go with him
Pittman - Chucky likes running the ball, I live in the oakland area, so Pittman should be a star

NOT:
J. Lewis - Coming off a torn ACL, unknown QB
T. Henry - No reason not to start him, but pittman seems to be the better choice
Stewart - It is Detroit!

WHATA THINK!!!
Major Damage

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Rb's

Postby Mucky Duck » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:58 pm

I say start Travis Henry over Michael Pittman. I live in Tampa and there are serious questions to be answered on our OL. Our 1st round draft pick from last year - Kenyatta Walker just got benched for a 28 year old cast-off from Miami (the guy has never started and has been cut by every team he's been with). Pittman also had an ankle sprain that he never really shook off through training camp (he showed nothing all preseason). I'm a huge Buc fan but I'd take a wait and see approach to Pittman this year.
Mucky Duck

Friendliness: %

Postby Picklejuice » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:29 pm

I am in a 14 team league, and barring a trade, will be starting Jamal Lewis. I have thought about it and don't think its such a bad play. - here's why

They play Carolina, and carolina is just plain bad. I am from Philly and trust me Peete sucks. Bal's offense will spend a lot of time on the field and since the QB is green around the gills, Lewis will get the carries. I'm not saying start him every week, but this week seems like a good one. Plus, if he does well and other owners see that, he may be better trade material.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk