When do I get to call Beanie Wells a bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When do I get to call Beanie Wells a bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When do I get to call Beanie Wells a bust?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 am

I know he's been injured, but seriously, this guy's been miserable :-t

Is he healthy and will he produce, or should I just remain annoyed and frustruated at his lack of production?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: When do I get to call Beanie Wells a bust?

Postby RBManiac » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm

His draft position was never worth it in my eyes, I know there was so much hype on him, but you look at whos making him high, its just fantasy sites/magazines predicitons, and most people heavily rely on that stuff to draft. You have to rely on your gut is what i learned, and see the situation ahead of you...yeah hightower isnt the best runner, but hes a better blocker and goaline back, you cant just expect him to be phased out midseason out of the blue just cause some magazine says so(not saying you, but in general) lesson be learned, but say he does breakout week 8 and turns into a monster....thats not something worth drafting early in hopes he will have a breakout midseason

But hey...there is still hope...the saints run defense has actually improved quite a bit...they seem to shut down running backs for the first 3 quaters and then tire out to guys like AP, Turner in the 4th...wells is none of them.
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Maris09 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm

RBManiac wrote:yeah hightower isnt the best runner, but hes a better blocker and goaline back, you cant just expect him to be phased out midseason out of the blue just cause some magazine says so

Didn't they kind of do that though yesterday? Hightower 4 carries, 0 rececptions.

I agree though, the 3rd or 4th round or wherever Beanie went isn't the place to select a potential 2nd half breakout guy.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Maris09 wrote:
RBManiac wrote:yeah hightower isnt the best runner, but hes a better blocker and goaline back, you cant just expect him to be phased out midseason out of the blue just cause some magazine says so

Didn't they kind of do that though yesterday? Hightower 4 carries, 0 rececptions.

Good opportunity for Beanie to take advantage of... 35 yds on 20 carries... d'oh!! :-b
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 am

As a Wells owner (cost me a 9th in a keeper league), I'm ready to call him a bust.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:12 am

I haven't seen a lot of Cardinals gameplay this season (for good reason) but from what I've read, their o-line is just really bad at run blocking. And their passing game hasn't done anything to help open things up. It certainly doesn't look like things are going to get any better for Beanie owners.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jblood5150 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 pm

So I guess I shouldnt trade Ryan Torain for Wells then huh?

:-)

I just received that trade offer today..
jblood5150
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ozymandias19 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Ha! I'm actually pondering trading Harvin for Wells.

I think he'll be fine. As you said, he was hurt. His first game back he did well. His second the Saints were all about stopping the run, no one was going to get anywhere with the box stacked like that. The good thing is that he had 20carries, he was by far the man they wanted to have the ball. They also recently mentioned that they want him to start being out there more in pass plays. So they are slowly phasing out Hightower, or so it seems.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bostonsoxandy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Heres the best buy low candidate of the year...if your being offered Beanie Wells for your Ryan Torain you take that right now because once Clinton Portis gets back Torain has little to no value (not to say that he already butchered his first week as an undisputed No. 1 back in WAS)....Beanie will burst eventually...the longer it takes the cheaper you can get him
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ozymandias19 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Portis is likely out for the season, so he is and more than likely will be the number RB for the Redskins. Greenbay was playing the run the whole time (reason why Mcnabb had a good day) and Washington was horrible with the run blocking.

While I hope you are right as someone who may trade for Beanie, Torain for Beanie is not a great deal, possibly even a wash.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk