Advice in starting a dynasty league. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Advice in starting a dynasty league.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice in starting a dynasty league.

Postby ngub12 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 am

Hi all. For sometime now, I've been looking to join a dynasty league in which you recycle your entire roster year to year.

I've found that most of my friends are unwilling to start such a league for the fear that one owner would drive his team into the ground and ruin the makeup of the league (or just quit and then the rest of the league is left to find a replacement for their crappy team).

The concept of a having the same team year-to-year and building a true dynasty seems like so much fun.

Some questions for those of you in a Dynasty league?
1) how many people do you typically need to start a league (Are more or less teams optimal as compared to a regular redraft)?
2) if you are starting the league with some member in which you don't know, what is the best way to conduct the draft?
3) Do yahoo or Espn allow for this or do you just keep a spreadsheet with all team's compiled players and key the players in every year?
4) what else should I be contemplating when starting to create a league such as this?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Lastly, I have a few people that are interesting in joining, but will almost assuredly be looking for another few members to join. If you are interested, feel free to send me a PM.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice in starting a dynasty league.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am

you could go with any number of teams but i think deeper is better. i play in a 12 team league with 25 man rosters (PPR scoring and we start 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE and a FLEX)
i'd reccomend using Myfantasyleague.com for a Dynasty league...it's available year round and tracks draft pick trades...it's not free though, about $80 a year...you can do a slow email draft on MFL as well
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner