Trying to imitate PLindsey - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trying to imitate PLindsey

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trying to imitate PLindsey

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 am

Ariz plays Car this week. and they score good most weeks...i would imagine they are the leader by far
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, I picked them up off the wire to play this week; hopefully they do well.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby biju » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Ask, and ye shall receive!

Here are the normalized (see below for details) projections for Week 15.

Code: Select all
Arizona Cardinals     98.11
Chicago Bears         82.70
Cleveland Browns      78.92
Dallas Cowboys        73.24
Baltimore Ravens      70.54
San Diego Chargers    70.00
Buffalo Bills         68.65
Philadelphia Eagles   68.38
Carolina Panthers     68.11
Pittsburgh Steelers   67.30
Atlanta Falcons       66.22
Oakland Raiders       65.68
Minnesota Vikings     65.41
Cincinnati Bengals    64.32
New England Patriots  64.05
Tampa Bay Buccaneers  64.05
Tennessee Titans      62.97
Miami Dolphins        62.16
Kansas City Chiefs    62.16
New York Jets         61.89
San Francisco 49ers   60.81
Washington Redskins   60.54
Indianapolis Colts    59.73
Detroit Lions         58.65
Green Bay Packers     55.95
New York Giants       55.95
New Orleans Saints    55.14
Seattle Seahawks      55.14
Jacksonville Jaguars  52.70
Denver Broncos        51.08
St. Louis Rams        48.65
Houston Texans        43.24

A NOTE about Normalization: Normalized projections are derived by taking the highest possible scoring defensive matchup (best DST matchup between two teams) and the lowest possible scoring defensive matchup, creating a scale of 0-100 and assigning value to each matchup score to give an overall rating so you can make relevance decisions instead of simply trading up to get higher on the chart.

I'd like to briefly point out that these numbers are based on previous weeks and does not take into account injuries or personnel swaps. In particular I see a mild "issue" with Arizona and John Skelton. This shouldn't be taken as a "do not use" but rather "caution" as I believe last week's performance against Denver was more about Denver's coaching change and lack of offensive production than I do anything else. Feel free to discuss. I would just be nervous starting them, although I've said that throughout the season and they've performed nicely. The normalization also has the highest rating we've seen to date for a matchup so maybe I just despise the Cards. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby u_fig_eater » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Car and Ari are both run-heavy, I see this as a low-scoring "safe" match-up. I'm plugging in Arizona in a league.

Patriots are way too low, especially if Rodgers doesn't play. Either way, Green Bay is highly one-dimensional, which is the kind of team that Belichick feasts on. With the Pats offense rolling, I see them forcing Green Bay into pass-mode, which will create sack and interception opportunities for their D. Pats are my waiver wire grab of the week.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Car and Ari are both run-heavy, I see this as a low-scoring "safe" match-up. I'm plugging in Arizona in a league.

Patriots are way too low, especially if Rodgers doesn't play. Either way, Green Bay is highly one-dimensional, which is the kind of team that Belichick feasts on. With the Pats offense rolling, I see them forcing Green Bay into pass-mode, which will create sack and interception opportunities for their D. Pats are my waiver wire grab of the week.

I couldn't agree more in regards to the Patriots. Even if Rodgers were going to go I have to think they are a great play. If Rodgers can't go this could be the difference maker in the fantasy playoffs for some teams.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm not sure what to think about Arizona.

They looked absolutely terrible up until last week; in fact, I almost thought they had quit. Then they beat up on Denver last week, but I'm not sure what to think about that either since Denver is terrible as well. Carolina is bad, but I get the feeling more that it's just a complete lack of anything at the QB position.

I was actually planning to roll with Dallas, but after seeing Arizona actually sort of show up last week I'm unsure. Of course, it's not like the Redskins have anything that's incredibly great or scary, plus McNabb is relatively immobile at this point in his career.

And Cleveland looks like a good play, almost anyone playing the Bengals is at this point with the number of picks that Palmer throws....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm not sure what to think about Arizona.

They looked absolutely terrible up until last week; in fact, I almost thought they had quit. Then they beat up on Denver last week, but I'm not sure what to think about that either since Denver is terrible as well. Carolina is bad, but I get the feeling more that it's just a complete lack of anything at the QB position.

That's why I think AZ is a good play, not cause they are anything special but simply because Car is so bad offensively. I mean, worthlessness at QB can make any defense look awesome, just look at Houston against Ten with Rusty Smith or SD against KC with Croyle instead of Cassel.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:15 am

Ok, so for full disclosure: I'm using Arizona, NE, and SD this week on four different teams. I'm using different D's based on availability and risk.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Instinctive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm

I have got to decide between Arizona and Cleveland, and they're both at the top here. That rating for Zona sure does look tasty, don't think I've ever seen one that high before.

But Palmer sure does suck.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Car and Ari are both run-heavy, I see this as a low-scoring "safe" match-up. I'm plugging in Arizona in a league.

ne should be the #1 defense if flynn is in there, gb's o-line is horrible, rodgers legs save them so many times. expect at the very least 6 sacks, great chance of more if flynn is the qb.

i'm going with san diego in a few of my leagues, of the defenses avaliable on the wire, i'd go with dallas against wash as my 2nd choice, and carolina as my 3rd choice.....i'd go with ne over all these, if flynn is the qb.

carolina is the defense you wanta own in that zona game, carolina is gonna run it down zonas throat all day, stewart has gone over 100 in every game in his carrer when he has got more than 15 touchs, he should get close to 30 in this game, zona will be coming from behind with skelton at qb in my opinion, should equal points.

if asanti samuals plays, philly may also be a great play, cus samuals will shut down nicks, and manning has few other options.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk