$18.99 NFL Jerseys? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

$18.99 NFL Jerseys?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: $18.99 NFL Jerseys?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:46 pm

As long as the shipping isn't bad give it a shot. I would have it dry cleaned though so the logos don't fall off.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:11 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:I know http://www.sthcool.org is a great site for cheap jerseys as well. A friend I tailgate with at the Jets games as ordered numerous Jerseys. Gholston, Leon Washington, Favre, Mangold and now he got a Santonio Holmes jersey at the start of the season.

This link isn't working for me.

On the other website - it looks like 18.99 for the jersey, but $35 for shipping.

Stupid me. Its a .com, not a .org. Sorry about that.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Other than the team colors being slightly to severely off, name patches on the back off centered, inaccurate sized jersey numbers, and general cheap feel, you're getting a steal!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Other than the team colors being slightly to severely off, name patches on the back off centered, inaccurate sized jersey numbers, and general cheap feel, you're getting a steal!

Not from this site, but from a similar place (the 'authentic' jerseys wound up being around $45 - 50 all said and done with shipping), I got a white Mark Sanchez jersey and the differences between it and the $250 Chad Pennington authentic jersey an ex bought for me are really negligible. Patches, colors, textures, materials are all identical or near identical. I'll never buy anything but these Chinese cheapies ever again. There's just no reason to.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Other than the team colors being slightly to severely off, name patches on the back off centered, inaccurate sized jersey numbers, and general cheap feel, you're getting a steal!

Not from this site, but from a similar place (the 'authentic' jerseys wound up being around $45 - 50 all said and done with shipping), I got a white Mark Sanchez jersey and the differences between it and the $250 Chad Pennington authentic jersey an ex bought for me are really negligible. Patches, colors, textures, materials are all identical or near identical. I'll never buy anything but these Chinese cheapies ever again. There's just no reason to.

Agreed. I spent 175ish on my Darelle Revis jersey. Never ever again. I'll stick with the 20$ fake stuff ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

link or name of site?
you should also post of a pic of the jersey!

sure, you might get a great jersey, but chances are also moderately high you may get shipped a piece of crap. i wouldn't even consider wasting the coin from a place only charging $19! however, if anybody buys a jersey from here, please post your pics (good or bad).

there was a large thread at a poker forum i frequent similiar to this, and quite frankly, over half of the jerseys looked like trash. sure, some chic won't notice the difference, but one guy's green bay packers jersey shade of green was off by a good margin, and you can't wear that to a game or anything because it will stick out being in a crowd full of people with the real colors. another posters gretzky jersey was royally jacked on the name plate in the back---"gretzky" was off-centered by a good 3 or 4 inches, lol.

so the question you have to ask your self with these imposter jersey sites is, "do i feel lucky?"

well, do ya, punk? :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fezzik » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am

I have a friend who just bought a Ryan Mathews jersey for about $40 online. I was present when it arrived and everything looked really good...except, despite it being sealed in plastic, it smelled like smoke after he opened it up. :-b

I guess wherever they made or stored it didn't have a no smoking policy...but otherwise the quality of the product was excellent...or at least seemed to be on first inspection.

On a side note, I just reached 250 posts...at this rate I'll be hitting 1,000 sometime around 2030.
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

link or name of site?
you should also post of a pic of the jersey!

sure, you might get a great jersey, but chances are also moderately high you may get shipped a piece of crap. i wouldn't even consider wasting the coin from a place only charging $19! however, if anybody buys a jersey from here, please post your pics (good or bad).

there was a large thread at a poker forum i frequent similiar to this, and quite frankly, over half of the jerseys looked like trash. sure, some chic won't notice the difference, but one guy's green bay packers jersey shade of green was off by a good margin, and you can't wear that to a game or anything because it will stick out being in a crowd full of people with the real colors. another posters gretzky jersey was royally jacked on the name plate in the back---"gretzky" was off-centered by a good 3 or 4 inches, lol.

so the question you have to ask your self with these imposter jersey sites is, "do i feel lucky?"

well, do ya, punk? :-D

Problem with many of these sites is they're shut down within a few months. I got my Sanchez jersey from jerseys101.com which no longer is operational. Right now I'm waiting on a Keller jersey and a Namath throwback from One Stop Jersey Shop (e-mail onestopjerseyshop2@gmail.com to request a jersey, they're working on getting the site operational). Jerseys are $45 and a buddy of mine ordered a Robinson Cano and Jahved Best jersey and both were great quality and accurate.

$250 Pennington jersey, $45 Sanchez jersey

The greens on the shoulders are identical, and while there are a few very slight differences, they're hardly noticeable and worth every bit of saving $200.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:03 am

not bad, not bad. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 pm

$25 each...I don't have a $250 one to compare, but I'm very happy with what I received. I took the tags off the Koufax jersey, but they all look pretty sweet to me. All the numbers and logos are stitched on, etc. I also bought some more as Christmas presents. Here are some pics of the ones I got for myself:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk