Week 8 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 8 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 8 Game Talk

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 pm

May as well get it started. Oregon hosts UCLA tomorrow night. The Bruins QB Prince is doubtful...it's doubtful UCLA stands much of a chance at Autzen anyway. I really wish I didn't have class tomorrow or I'd be there. Oh wellz.

Some other great games this Saturday.

Nebraska/Oklahoma St. - Can the Huskers rebound after a bad showing last week? I say absolutely.

Wisconsin/Iowa - I like Wisconsin in this one, should be a good game.

LSU/Auburn - Opportunity for Cam to make a Heisman defining moment. I'm not sure which way to go here....being that it's at Auburn, I'll go with War Eagle. Wouldn't be surprised to see LSU pull it out though.

Oklahoma/Mizzou - People are acting as if it's Oregon who has to worry about the current trend of #1's going down, with OU #1 in the BCS, the onus is on them. We'll see if the Tigers are for real.

God I love college football. :-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 8 Game Talk

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:18 am

I'm really intrigued by the Oklahoma/Missouri game. I think OU wins that reasonably easily but Missouri is improving on defense, and Landry Jones can be rattled.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Metroid wrote:I really wish I didn't have class tomorrow or I'd be there. Oh wellz.

I was scheduled to work, but got coverage, so.... I'LL BE THERE!! :-)
GOOOOO DUCKS !!!!!!!!!!! :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sandrock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I just got back from a week in Nashville; looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Sandrock wrote:I just got back from a week in Nashville; looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV.

Welcome home. Nashville? That sounds awesome. Were you there for work or play?
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Wedding duties for this trip. I had a couple free days which I used to see The Hermitage (Andrew Jacksons home) and Stones River Battlefield.

I just turned the game off. I appreciate how efficient Oregon is playing this year, but I must admit it's really boring if you're not a Duck fan.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 am

Parking - $8. Ticket -$30. Watching the Ducks dismantle UCLA at Autzen Stadium... Priceless! :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am

Sandrock wrote:Wedding duties for this trip. I had a couple free days which I used to see The Hermitage (Andrew Jacksons home) and Stones River Battlefield.

I just turned the game off. I appreciate how efficient Oregon is playing this year, but I must admit it's really boring if you're not a Duck fan.

Stones River Battlefield, that's pretty cool. My friend's brother is really into the civil war and has been to literally every major battle field n the south. I guess it helps that he lives in Alabama. I've always wanted to check out Nashville. I've been to Tennessee a few times but the first two I was fairly young, 13 and 15, and the 3rd time, just a few years ago, I was just passing through. I found the area of the state we passed through to be incredibly beautiful though.

I think you find The Ducks "really boring" because, a) you're a fan of a Pac 10 team other than the Ducks. And more importantly, b) you're a fan of Oregon's biggest rival. I've talked to people from different parts of the country, fans from different conferences, and they've all said they enjoy watching Oregon and find their brand of football very exciting. I will give you that it does get boring toward the end of the game, but really anytime you're watching blowouts it's going to get to a point where it gets boring....especially if you're not a fan of that team.

Hey UCLA did do one thing last night no team has been able to do against the Ducks this year...score points in the 4th quarter. So they have that going for them.
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I believe fans from other parts of the country find the Oregon brand of Offense exciting because they weren't witnesses to it from the beginning stages. For the Pac-10 fans it's merely the culmination of a system installed many years ago and tweaked sharply in the last four years. Unfortunately for UO, games are often over by the beginning of the second quarter, even if the score is 22-3. No Pac-10 fan watching last night expected UCLA to come back from that score, although a naive fan across the country might have thought the game was still relatively close. When a game is over by the beginning of the second quarter, that should be boring to any college football fan that isn't wearing green and yellow, not just fans of other Pac-10 teams.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Sandrock wrote:I believe fans from other parts of the country find the Oregon brand of Offense exciting because they weren't witnesses to it from the beginning stages. For the Pac-10 fans it's merely the culmination of a system installed many years ago and tweaked sharply in the last four years. Unfortunately for UO, games are often over by the beginning of the second quarter, even if the score is 22-3. No Pac-10 fan watching last night expected UCLA to come back from that score, although a naive fan across the country might have thought the game was still relatively close. When a game is over by the beginning of the second quarter, that should be boring to any college football fan that isn't wearing green and yellow, not just fans of other Pac-10 teams.

Many fans I've spoke with across the country seem to think otherwise, but hey I'm sure there are fans out there who find it boring as well.

It's funny, Oregon gets knocked when they don't play well, they get knocked when they play okay, and now they're getting knocked because they're playing too well. :-b
Metroid

Next

Return to College Football