JavaDude wrote:Does anyone here think Romo will be back by week 15 just in time for the fantasy playoffs and for the juicy matchups against Washington and Arizona? I'm seriously considering picking him up.
Over at Yahoo, there's speculation he could be back as early as week 13.http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=be-gmcpow
I claimed him (and Kitna) this week for a few reasons...
1. Cowboys are loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball, for at least 1 week - they played like it under Garret.
2. Dallas QB's are averaging 21.96 FFPPG in the league where I picked the both of them up - Romo around 23.5, Kitna around 19.5.
3. Their schedule is flat out juicy - DET, NO, @ IND, PHI, WAS, @ AZ - they should either a) be able to compete w/ everybody on the schedule, b) be playing catchup, c) WAS/AZ weeks 15/16 is extremely QB friendly week 15/16.
4. If the team plays like it did this past weekend, and truly wants to finish strong for Garret, they have the skill position players in place to at least finish the season as what they were projected to be - an elite fantasy offense (I also picked up their D/ST for the same reasons)
5. I have the roster space at this point in the season, and the last thing I want to do is give any opponent an unnessacary edge, even if I never play Romo/Kitna/Defense, I really doubt I was every going to play Burelson/Carlson/Detroit - and I doubt anybody would have the balls to roll those 3 out at this point in the season anyways.
6. If he comes back, he has the potential to be the #1 scoring QB over the last 3 weeks of the season - no different than catching the Harrison/Charles/Foster lightning in a bottle last year or nay other late season pickup in years past that lead to fantasy titles