Week 9 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 9 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 9 Game Talk

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 am

Huge game for Oregon football this Saturday. If they can get through the Trojans their schedule sets up just about perfectly to run the table. If Oregon is on their game, they'll take SC easily. I really believe the only team that can beat Oregon is Oregon. SC has a fantastic passing game, the question is can they keep up with the Ducks. We'll see.

Other big games:

Michigan St. at Iowa - If State plays like they did against Northwestern they're in trouble against the Hawkeyes. Still, they're on the verge of a Big 10 title, I like the Spartans to pull this one out.

Missouri at Nebraska - it's weird to say that the Tigers chances of beating the Huskers improves with the game being in Lincoln. The Huskers have looked pretty poor at home, and that's being nice. Still I like the Huskers to put together a solid game and beat Missouri. The Tigers haven't seen a guy like Martinez yet and he'll have another big day Saturday.

Get ready to see the leapfrogging start for the teams just behind Boise and TCU. If Michigan St. beats Iowa, I expect them to leap TCU and maybe even Boise. Same for Mizzou if they beat Nebraska.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 9 Game Talk

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 pm

The bizarre thing about the Missouri/Nebraska game is that although Missouri is ranked #6 and Nebraska #14, Vegas has the Huskers as a 7 point favorite.

I'm not buying it. I know we can beat Missouri, but Missouri has a solid defense and can both pass and run the ball. Our defense has been very porous the last few games, and I am anything but confident in them.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Nebraska is manhandling the Tigers right now. I'm pissed, for some reason I'm not getting the game here. Are you freaking kidding me??!?!! :-[

Wow! That pick and lateral returned for a TD by Iowa was off the chain. State is indeed playing like they did against Northwestern...if not worse, and Iowa is rolling. This one could get ugly. :-o
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 am

Needless to say, I am pleased with the outcome of Saturday's game. Roy Helu, Jr. is finally getting the recognition he deserves because for once the guy is healthy. He's had nagging injuries the last two seasons. Nobody could have seen 300 yards coming, but we all knew he had such ability.

The best thing about Helu in this win was late in the game with Martinez sidelined due to a thigh bruise, the Tigers knew we were going to run the ball. On 18 of Nebraska's final 22 plays we handed off to Helu. He responded with 83 yards (4.6 yards per carry) and several first downs against a heavily stacked box. Nebraska ate the final 8:40 of the game on a grinding drive, with Helu handling nearly all of the carries, including a 4th-and-1 to ice the game.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am

A good Nebraska team is good for college football.....it's too bad they put up a dud against Texas otherwise they would be the 1c to Oregon and Auburn's 1a and 1b.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:48 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:A good Nebraska team is good for college football.....it's too bad they put up a dud against Texas otherwise they would be the 1c to Oregon and Auburn's 1a and 1b.

Agreed. Stupid Texas had to mess things up (or make them less complicated, depending on your viewpoint) and then fall off a cliff after getting up for the Huskers !+)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 am

You all have no idea how sick I am over that Texas game.

I haven't talked about this a lot, but my mom is very sick, and likely won't be here this time next year. She and dad have been season ticket holders for 15-20 years now, and absolutely love their Husker games. With chemo and related issues, mom isn't able to go to games this year. She made a huge effort to get herself in position to go to one game - Texas.

I pulled a bunch of strings and got a bunch of favors from a bunch of people, and I was able to drive her right up to the stadium, drop her off at a tailgate spot about 150 feet from her entrance, and got her a seat in the front row. Otherwise she would have had to walk a mile or more to tailgate, walk another half mile to the stadium, then walk up 87 rows to her seat - completely impossible right now.

So a lot of people go to a lot of trouble to get her to her last Husker game . . . . and they completely tank it.

I was so upset during that game I nearly became ill. I haven't been that disappointed in a loss in years, including all the Callahan years here.

So it goes. :-/
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 am

Man knapp, that's rough man, I'm really sorry it played out like that. I'm sure the experience was still enjoyable for her though and was a good distraction from the pain that she's going through. Stay strong man. As always, my thoughts are with you and yours. :-/
Metroid

Return to College Football