Do not mess with Nebraska - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Do not mess with Nebraska

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do not mess with Nebraska

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 pm

In Saturday's game between Missouri and Nebraska, late in the game Courtney Osborne from Nebraska blitzed Blaine Gabbert - QB, MU. Osborne clocked Gabbert, causing a fumble, which the Huskers picked up and ran in for a TD.

But wait! The referees inexplicably called the play dead, AFTER A VIDEO REVIEW, and declared Gabbert down due to "forward progress."

But wait! It gets better! Osborne hit Gabbert very hard, and in the collision, their helmets collided. Missouri Coach Gary Pinkel sent tape of the hit to the Big XII offices for "further review." To date, there's been no action.

But wait! It gets even better! Because their helmets collided in the hit, and because that's a hot-button issue right now, Nick Bromberg of Yahoo! Sports wrote an article decrying such hits, and taking shots at the Nebraska media team Huskervision for "glorifying" the hit.

Only problem is, Huskervision didn't glorify this hit. Bromberg's article, HERE, is factually inaccurate. I know - I was at the game, and the highlight video Bromberg refers to didn't show this hit, which happened mere moments after the hit was made.

Bear with me, because this is about to get interesting. Bromberg isn't just a writer for Yahoo! Sports. Bromberg just happens to be a Missouri grad, and although there were several hits more "flagrant" than Osborne's shown across America Saturday, it becomes a little suspect that the one Bromberg chose to focus on was the hit made against his alma mater, and the team he chooses to use as an example in his article is the team that just knocked them from the ranks of the unbeaten and the National Championship hunt (I know that was a stretch, think like Bromberg was thinking).

BUT IT GETS EVEN BETTER. Because the video which Bromberg used for his article was taken from YouTube.

And it was posted there by a Husker fan. :-]

And that Husker fan just so happened to spend the last four years of his life working for Huskervision. :-] :-]

And that Husker fan just so happens to not appreciate his friends being called out like that. And he did something about it.

What did Mr. Epoc do? He put comments all over his video, outing Mr. Bromberg's alma mater, outing the fact that Huskervision didn't use this hit in their video, and basically outing Mr. Bromberg's whole agenda.

So what does Bromberg/Yahoo! Sports do? Wisely, they take the video down.

And they replace it with another video of the same hit.

Also taken by a Husker fan.

Who just so happens to be good friends with Mr. Epoc.

<evil laugh>

The result is that for the past hour or more, Yahoo! Sports has continued to link to yet another video that calls out their own writer for being a poor journalist, for using misleading facts, and for using his position at Yahoo! to air gripes for his alma mater.

Watch the video on the article I linked above. But do it soon, because Yahoo! will take it down.

I'll post screen caps tomorrow.

Do NOT mess with Nebraska. :-]
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do not mess with Nebraska

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm

:-]

The original article has been significantly altered. The videos have all been taken down. In total we were able to affect not one, not two, but three different videos he used trying to impugn Nebraska, all three of which were posted to YouTube by Husker fans, all three of which were subsequently stocked with comments showing that the author was not using sound journalistic integrity in his analysis.

Huskers 1
Yahoo! 0
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to College Football