Black Ops - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Black Ops

Moderator: Football Moderators

Black Ops

Postby dgan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm

I can't wait for this game. MW2 online play is wearing thin on me. Unfortunately, I'm in my busiest time at work and I'll probably wait until Christmas time to actually fork over the dough for this. (Which means all those 12 year olds will already be unstoppable on online play before I even buy the game.)

For those of you who get it next week, let me know what you think.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Black Ops

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:15 pm

So how is it?

I hear it's really good I might be picking it up soon.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Re: Black Ops

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Old thread, I know, but wanted to say this game disappointed me. I didn't find the single player as enthralling as MW2 - it seemed abstract to me, like it was a story created for the levels they had built. And the way they were extracting information from you made no sense considering what was going on.

Online play I thought took a step back as well. The physics were improved, but the maps felt more like a paintball arena. Takes stealth totally out of the equation. I could see the map setup being more fun if you truly played with an organized team, but to just logon and start going, frustrating. It's just run and gun and hope you die less than everyone else. My favorite online play was World at War. The maps were so different, each one offered something unique yet almost all allowed for various tactics. In both MW2 and Black Ops, I have trouble finding a purpose for any weapon other than a good assault rifle. Oh, and having a 3shot M16 is a head-scratcher when 3 bullets sometimes won't put an enemy down (until you level up).

So enjoyable, but overall disappointing. I was hoping for more.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Video Games