3. Arian Foster
4. Frank Gore
5. Darren McFadden
6. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Jamaal Charles
8. LeShon Mccoy
9. Michael Turner
10. Roddy White

Peyton Manning is outscoring brother Eli Manning by 3 pts/game. Shows you the value of QB's. I would rather have Eli in the 7th than Peyton in the 1st.

This is actually more so of what I would do. I would never take a QB in the 1st round, I was just posting what it would most likely be. Obviously its better to take RB's when you know exactly who is going to produce, and when you do, you have to go with them over a QB.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: If the draft was today......

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:01 am

i woudl not use this list :-b

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2010/overall.cfm

sorry for anybody who works at fftoolbox...but this list that apparently was just updated nov 3 is just horrible
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 pm

chchelse wrote:1. AP
2. CJ
3. Arian Foster
4. Frank Gore
5. Darren McFadden
6. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Jamaal Charles
8. LeShon Mccoy
9. Michael Turner
10. Roddy White

Peyton Manning is outscoring brother Eli Manning by 3 pts/game. Shows you the value of QB's. I would rather have Eli in the 7th than Peyton in the 1st.

A. 3 points a game is actually a lot. A RB who scores 3 ppg more than another is far more valuable. Ditto for QBs. That's the difference between Matt Forte and Matt Tolbert.

B. You are misreading the stats. Peyton is scoring > 24 points a game. Eli is scoring <16 points a game. That's upwards of 8 ppg which is approximately the difference between Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones.

C. You still might be right about rather having Eli in the 7th over Peyton in the 1st, but you need to get your facts straight.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chchelse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
chchelse wrote:1. AP
2. CJ
3. Arian Foster
4. Frank Gore
5. Darren McFadden
6. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Jamaal Charles
8. LeShon Mccoy
9. Michael Turner
10. Roddy White

A. 3 points a game is actually a lot. A RB who scores 3 ppg more than another is far more valuable. Ditto for QBs. That's the difference between Matt Forte and Matt Tolbert.

B. You are misreading the stats. Peyton is scoring > 24 points a game. Eli is scoring <16 points a game. That's upwards of 8 ppg which is approximately the difference between Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones.

C. You still might be right about rather having Eli in the 7th over Peyton in the 1st, but you need to get your facts straight.

Hmmmm, in my league, where you get 1pt for every 20 yds passing and 4 points/TD (no points taken away for turnovers), Peyton has a total of 166.9 points and Eli has a total of 144.6 points. 22.5pts/7 games=3.2 pts/gm. These are the facts and I always get them straight and I don't like being called out on things incorrectly. :-t
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:42 pm

No offense dude, but 90% of us (probably more) play a fantasy game that deducts points for turnovers. You coming in here and stating plainly that Eli is only 3 points worse than Peyton without conceding that this difference is based on a drastically different and unconventional scoring system is perfectly fair game for being called out on.

Yeah, and in my point per passing attempt league, Jay Cutler is the number one player overall--- an example of an essentially equally irrelevant statement.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ravendan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Other than bumping up Wayne and Nicks a few spots the FF toolbox list is the most reasonable one I've seen.
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby chchelse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:02 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:No offense dude, but 90% of us (probably more) play a fantasy game that deducts points for turnovers. You coming in here and stating plainly that Eli is only 3 points worse than Peyton without conceding that this difference is based on a drastically different and unconventional scoring system is perfectly fair game for being called out on.

Yeah, and in my point per passing attempt league, Jay Cutler is the number one player overall--- an example of an essentially equally irrelevant statement.

I stated fact. You assumed. Your bad not mine.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 pm

chchelse wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:No offense dude, but 90% of us (probably more) play a fantasy game that deducts points for turnovers. You coming in here and stating plainly that Eli is only 3 points worse than Peyton without conceding that this difference is based on a drastically different and unconventional scoring system is perfectly fair game for being called out on.

Your original post makes a generalized statement without ever providing us with the scoring parameters of your league. In a thread where people are talking about apples, you jump in and start talking about oranges without ever saying you are talking about oranges. Your statement is true but it is leading and open to criticism.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby chchelse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Azrael wrote:
chchelse wrote:

Your original post makes a generalized statement without ever providing us with the scoring parameters of your league. In a thread where people are talking about apples, you jump in and start talking about oranges without ever saying you are talking about oranges. Your statement is true but it is leading and open to criticism.

What the hell are you talking about? Apples, which part of this topic is the apples and which part is the oranges? The whole damn thing is generalized. Nobody is stating what their scoring system is. They are just posting how their draft picks woud be. B3N1ZJAM1N listed 3 QB's in the first round and I just randomly chose to compare the Manning's to suggest that maybe the QB's were being overvalued. I think CBMGreatOne took it as a personal attack (which was certainly not my intention), because, in looking back, he had written that P Manning was a rock solid 1st round pick. So he made a personal attack, saying I needed to get my facts straight (which I take as an insult and I do take offense). The bottom line is 1. I made a statement of fact. 2. He made an assumption. 3. He decided to criticize me on his incorrect assumption. You want to back him on that? Fine, you go right ahead. ;-D
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm flabbergasted by your failure to understand the point. Eli Manning has thrown 11 INTs. You play in an eccentric league that doesn't count that. Come out with it before you make silly off the cuff comparisons that are really only valid to your league.

Edit: as for "that was your bad"--- give me a break dude, how petty are you?
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk