If the draft was today...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If the draft was today......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: If the draft was today......

Postby Kirby » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Just want to interject my opinion here...

I think that most people will assume that if you dont specify your scoring system, then you are using a standard scoring system. standard meaning it would be the DEFAULT scoring system on most FF site. Yahoo, CBS, ESPN, etc, all the major fantasy sites all have more or less the same default scoring system. That scoring system includes losing points for interceptions and fumbles. The lack of that is absolutely a non standard scoring system.

There is no problem with other scoring systems. but if you are going to make a statement ranking one player against another, you should make sure to note the non standard scoring system.

I know that whenever I post here, I specify any scoring that is not the default setting on Yahoo.

Anyway, here is my list

1. CJ
2. Foster
3. AP
4. Hillis
5. White
6. Gore
7. Calvin Johnson
8. McFadden
9. McCoy
10. Nicks
11. Rice
12. Turner
13. AJ
14. Mendenhall
15. Wayne
16. Charles
17. Bryant
18. Owens
19. Lloyd
20. SJax
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chchelse » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Rotoworld mid-season mock Rd 1:

1. CHRIS JOHNSON: Johnson doesn't have another run defense ranked better than 15th on the schedule until Week 16, when he squares off with the 13th-ranked Chiefs. Randy Moss is already helping. (Evan Silva)

2. ARIAN FOSTER: Adrian Peterson's reliability is tempting here, but with Tarvaris Jackson likely taking over soon, Foster is the better bet for touchdowns. (Adam Levitan)

3. ADRIAN PETERSON: When I saw we were doing this, I knew who the first three picks would be. So I'm glad I don't have the fourth pick. Peterson will top 2,000 yards from scrimmage for first time. (Gregg Rosenthal)

4. MICHAEL VICK: It's a toss-up between Vick and Frank Gore after a no-brainer top three picks. I want the chance at difference-making transcendence that Vick offers while playing the best he ever has with the most explosive weaponry he's ever enjoyed. (Chris Wesseling)

5. DARREN MCFADDEN: McFadden has already shown that he is matchup-proof, and following a relatively tough three-game stretch to close out the fantasy regular season, he doesn't face a run defense ranked higher than 21st before Week 17. (ES)

6. RODDY WHITE: Roddy will play five of his next six games either in a dome or in good weather. He does not get injured and can not be stopped by double teams. The most reliable of the stud receivers. (AL)

7. FRANK GORE: Like I'm going to wait any longer to take the Inconvenient Truth when he's slated for his second 2,000-yard (from scrimmage) season. Plus he has the Bucs and three NFC West games left. (GR)

8. MAURICE JONES-DREW: Looks like I'm getting the short end of the stick again, but I'll take Maurice Jones-Drew and his ideal fantasy playoff schedule (vs. OAK, @IND, vs. WAS). His uptick in yards per carry over the past few weeks is another point in his favor. (CW)

9. PHILIP RIVERS: Rivers is on pace to shatter the single-season passing yards record yet his arrow is still pointing up. Vincent Jackson is fresh, Malcom Floyd (hamstring) has resumed practicing, Antonio Gates used the Week 10 bye to rest his feet and The Seyi Hey Kid has emerged as a viable deep threat in the league's top passing attack. (ES)

10. CALVIN JOHNSON: Shaun Hill knows where his bread is buttered. He targeted Megatron 14 times on Sunday, a number that will remain constant down the stretch. The Lions have three dome games and three warm-weather road games left. (AL)

11. ANDRE JOHNSON: Screw the matchups. It's Andre (freaking) Johnson. (GR)

12. JAMAAL CHARLES: Thomas Jones is falling to pieces, as expected, and Charles just keeps plugging away as the most effective per-play back in the NFL. I expect his role to grow and his TDs to increase while playing out a soft schedule the rest of the way. (CW)

Keep reading for the final 12 picks of this mini mock.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chchelse » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Rd 2:

13. MICHAEL TURNER: The quick turnaround from a 24-carry game on Sunday of Week 9 to Thursday of Week 10 adversely affected the Falcons' physical back, and Baltimore's stifling defense didn't help. Turner remains a safe bet for a high-scoring finish with the long week to rest and just one matchup left against an opponent ranked in the top half of the league in yards-per-carry average allowed (the spurious Seahawks in Week 15). (ES)

14. RASHARD MENDENHALL: If this draft was before Mendenhall's poor Week 10 showing on national television, he probably would have gone higher. As a true-every down back with goal-line duties, Mendenhall will feast as the weather turns bad. Outside of a Week 15 matchup with the Jets, the schedule is soft. (AL)

15. RAY RICE: Averaging 128 total yards per game over his last five weeks, which feels a lot like his epic 2009 season. Rice was at 127.5 total games over 16 games a year ago. (GR)

16. HAKEEM NICKS: Nicks should be a target monster over the next 2-3 weeks with Steve Smith (pectoral) out. He's already third in WR fantasy points and tied for first with nine receiving touchdowns. (CW)

17. DESEAN JACKSON: Jackson has 531 receiving yards in Michael Vick's 19 quarters under center, good for an average of 112 yards per game. This does not include Jackson's valuable rushing stats. Despite having missed one game and most of another, D-Jax ranks eighth among all fantasy receivers. I'd be stunned if he didn't finish in the top five in the final month and a half. (ES)

18. AARON RODGERS: Rodgers scored more fantasy points than Peyton Manning or Drew Brees in the first nine games, and there's no reason to think that won't continue. Although the weather will get bad, Rodgers proved last year that isn't a problem when he posted nearly identical numbers in games 1-8 as he did in games 9-17. (AL)

19. ANTONIO GATES: I don't know if this fictional league has tight ends, but the gap between Gates and the next best at his position is a huge difference maker. (GR)

20. PEYTON HILLIS: I'll take Hillis over S-Jax because he catches passes, scores TDs and is now matchup-proof. (CW)

21. GREG JENNINGS: Dominant since Jermichael Finley's injury, Jennings has come full circle as a complete NFL receiver this season, destroying opponents in the short-to-intermediate areas from the slot while also making plenty of vertical splash plays. (ES)

22. STEVEN JACKSON: S-Jax has managed to make it this far without getting seriously hurt and he figures to keep chugging along with the Rams in the thick of the playoff chase. (AL)

23. DREW BREES: Only two outdoor games left (Bengals, Ravens) and only one moderately tough matchup (Ravens). Brees is still racking up points this season despite not playing great. Room for improvement here. (GR)

24. DEZ BRYANT: He was one of "my guys" this summer, Kitna loves throwing to him, and he's quite possibly the best player on the Cowboys already. (CW)
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LMack » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Pretty much in agreement with the list above, except for Dez Bryant. Think I'd have to consider Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd before him. Maybe even TO, but not huge on TO's schedule. As far as RBs go, I might take McCoy or Bradshaw there before Dez.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Previous

Return to Football Talk