Week 10 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 10 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 10 Game Talk

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Ugh...I apologize to all those around the country that were looking forward to seeing the "blur offense" today....this is hardly the offense Duck fans are used to. Too many penalties, too many mistakes, just an all around ugly performance thus far. The #1 team does not look like the #1 team today. :-[

Kudos to the Huskies D though. They obviously have made it their goal to stop the run today, and thus far it's working pretty well. As I type this the Ducks and LaMike do get a rushing TD...2 pointer as well. Hopefully, they can get it rolling now.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Soooo that game was freaking awesome to be at!

Go blue!

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:18 pm

It's funny. Even when Oregon has an off day they still score 53 and win by 37.
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:32 pm

For the second year in a row Nebraska almost screws the pooch against Iowa State. Yes, we were down to our 3rd string QB, but that's not an excuse.

Call of the day - Bo making everyone go into the wind in overtime. That in-the-face wind made the ball hang up on the PAT fake and allowed Hagg to intercept the pass. With the wind it's entirely possible the holder rifles that pass in there and Nebraska loses.

WHEW! :-o :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:41 pm

knapplc wrote:For the second year in a row Nebraska almost screws the pooch against Iowa State. Yes, we were down to our 3rd string QB, but that's not an excuse.

Call of the day - Bo making everyone go into the wind in overtime. That in-the-face wind made the ball hang up on the PAT fake and allowed Hagg to intercept the pass. With the wind it's entirely possible the holder rifles that pass in there and Nebraska loses.

I saw the final score and first thing I thought of was... Knapplc !! :-) Happy for you bro.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:33 pm

knapplc wrote:For the second year in a row Nebraska almost screws the pooch against Iowa State. Yes, we were down to our 3rd string QB, but that's not an excuse.

Great point, although with that in mind, how do you feel about Iowa State's decision to fake the PAT? I understand that they probably wanted to end it quickly, since it's questionable how long they could hang with Nebraska, but he probably should have thought about the wind as well, right?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:27 am

I don't have a problem with the call. The biggest question mark I have about Rhoads' management of the game was, why would you rather put the game on a one-time play in OT when you had the ball with 40 seconds left, the wind at your back, all three TOs remaining, and you only needed to drive 40 yards to attempt a game-winning field goal. I was very surprised that Rhoads didn't even try to move the ball there.

Regarding the two-point conversion attempt, I don't have a problem with it. Personally, I was completely faked out by it. I think my jaw hit the floor when they ran the fake. The timing was right. The circumstances didn't dictate that a fake was likely - in fact, most circumstances dictated you don't go for two, like the fact that it was not your regular offense, the guy who threw the pass hadn't thrown a pass all year, you don't typically play for the win at home, the wind was in their face, etc. All in all, I didn't even think about a fake.

Turns out, Bo did. He'd told his coverage team before the PAT that they were going to fake it, and made sure that Eric Hagg didn't rush up to try to block the PAT. Hagg stayed back in his center field position and when they ran the fake, he was in position to defend it - but just barely.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 am

Man I was way off on Utah, I did not see them getting dismantled like that. A team like TCU is one that could give Oregon serious trouble, that defense is very fast and physical.

Oh and LSU is the new Alabama. ;-)
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm not sold on LSU. That offense came out of nowhere. I think they get beat by Arkansas.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm not sold on LSU. That offense came out of nowhere. I think they get beat by Arkansas.

I'm not really sold on LSU either. What I meant by "LSU is the new Alabama" is that they are now the 1 loss SEC team that can threaten TCU and Boise for a spot in the NC. If LSU runs the table they most certainly will jump into the NC game.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football