Where is Vick in 1 year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where is Vick in 1 year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where is Vick in 1 year?

Postby bungle613 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am

Is he an Eagle still tearing up the fantasy world? Does he go simply for the cash and sign to the highest bidder? Is he longterm answer in a dynasty league? I just don't know what to make of him.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where is Vick in 1 year?

Postby FFslacker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am

I was wondering the same thing earlier. I'd honestly kind of like to see him go to Minnesota.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 am

What he should do is stay in Philly. I think it would also benefit the Eagles to keep him. Throughout his career, he's been plagued by coaching changes. Continuity would help him. Philly also has one of the game's best deep threats in Desean Jackson, which fits Vick's strength. McCoy's dual-threat talents also help maximize Vick's skill set. IMO it's a perfect fit for him. Whether Philly wants to keep him or go with Kolb, I don't know. It seems obvious they're a better team with him at QB, though.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:50 am

I was wondering the same thing while watching the game yesterday.

I think he stays with the Eagles. He's a great fit for that offense and he seems to really like it there. I don't think Kolb's presence will keep them from signing him to a multi year contract.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Vick does seem much more like a Reid type of QB than Kolb, and he makes the team move better. Problem is Reid drafted Kolb and coaches are stubborn as heck. If the Iggles were smart they'd trade one of them right now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:02 pm

If the Eagles are smart, Vick is there answer. There was an interview on ESPN yesterday before the 1 pm games with Vick and he was asked something along the line's of his future and he said he could see himself as an Eagle for the rest of his career. That offense is extremely explosive with Vick back there and with Vick back there, they might not need to address there offensive line issues early in this years draft. With Kolb back there, offensive line is definitely one of there biggest needs.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby higgs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Carolina? Hey, I can dream right?
:~(
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 am

Looking at the NFL & teams in the market for a QB...

AFC North - Browns possibly, but do they kick the tires on McCoy? Would Vick want to sign there?

AFC East - Buffalo, at this point a top 3 pick is basically a given - again, would Vick want to sign there?

AFC South - Jacksonville possibly, is Garrard the long term answer? Need to do something to fill seats. Again, would Vick sign there?

AFC West - KC or Oakland - Cassel in place in KC, but really nothing special. Oakland landed Campbell, but it's Campbell...

I don't think Vick ends up with any of the above.

NFC North - Vikings, TJax waiting in the wings, Favre "should" be done & "says" he's retiring, young talent on the offenseive side of the ball - 2 dynamic WR's in Harvin & Rice, AP in the backfield, trying to get a new stadium built if I recall correctly.

NFC East - Philly, Kolb still there, the heir apparent to one of this generations best QB's in McNabb, familiararity with the system, etc & so on. Washington, Snyder loves to try and make "splash" moves & isn't shy about spending.

NFC South - Carolina, Claussen looks terrible, Moore is not a long term answer, would Carolina spend the money? Some talent there in DWill/Stewart, Smith/Gettis/LaFell.

NFC West - Seattle, Arizona, San Fran... Division is in total flux. Hasselbeck is nearing the end of his career, Caroll is a bit of a wildcard, do they trust Whitehurst going forward? Hall in the desert - is he a long term answer? Good group of young WR's in Breaston/Doucet & one of the game's best in Fitz, potetnially solid in the backfield. San Fran, huge dissapointment thus far, Crabtree/Davis both are solid, Gore is special, Defense was thought to be ready to win now, don't think Singletary/Vick would mesh very well.

Of the above - Vikings, Philly, and the entire NFC West (sans StL) make the most sense to me - probably in that order as of today (take your pick on the order of the West).

If Vick does sign in Philly, what happens to Kolb???
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 am

I think the Browns stick with McCoy. He's had a few good games the past couple weeks. Unless he completely falls apart the rest of the season, I think the Browns stick it out with him...but imagine Vick and Cribbs on the same field in the wild cat!!! :-L

I don't see Vick going to Buffalo. He'll want to choose a team with a better chance of winning.

Ditto on Jax. He doesn't have many years left and a team with no fan support and talk of moving shouldn't appeal to him at all.

KC...Naa, I think they will roll with Cassel now that he has a supporting cast.

Oakland...maybe, Davis does like the speedy guys.

Minny would be a good fit for him. I believe they run an offense similar (west coast?) to what he ran in Atlanta and in Philly. This would be his best place to win and after the beating Favre is taking this year, I think he'll be gone for good after the this season.

In Philly, he obviously knows the offense but will he want to return with the wishy washy Reid ready to yank him in favor Kolb if he has a bad game?

Carolina invested too much in Claussen to give up on him after a few games his rookie year.

Even though Whitehurst had a bad game (horrible game!), Seattle invested too much in him.

Arizona is an intriguing destination, as is San Fran. Both seem to be on the cusp, but lack consistency at QB.

The winner is.......... The Vikes! He'll have the receivers (if healthy) and the RB. A pretty good Oline and a good Defense. They're ready to win and I think this will appeal to Vick. Even though Philly is the team that gave him a chance after coming out of prison, I don't think he feels any obligation to stay there. Unless some team throws an obscene amount of money at him, so much that he takes the money over winning, I think he ends up in Minny.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Sex Panther wrote:NFC West - Seattle, Arizona, San Fran... Division is in total flux. Hasselbeck is nearing the end of his career, Caroll is a bit of a wildcard, do they trust Whitehurst going forward? Hall in the desert - is he a long term answer? Good group of young WR's in Breaston/Doucet & one of the game's best in Fitz, potetnially solid in the backfield. San Fran, huge dissapointment thus far, Crabtree/Davis both are solid, Gore is special, Defense was thought to be ready to win now, don't think Singletary/Vick would mesh very well.

I agree with your analysis, except the NFC West. Ari has both Hall and Skelton. They like them both enough that they thought about having those 2 as the only rostered QBs this season. Singletary doesn't look like he'll be back, so his relationship with Vick is a non-issue. Also, Troy Smith could conceivably hold the #1 QB spot in SF.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk