Javid Best - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javid Best

Moderator: Football Moderators

Javid Best

Postby hett2333 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Best left the game in the 3rd quarter with a toe injury...ugghh...
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Javid Best...

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Jahvid Best is questionable to return with a toe injury.

He's spent most of the third quarter on the sidelines, but didn't seem to be in significant pain. Best managed just 26 yards on seven carries in the first half. Maurice Morris is seeing significant snaps with the rookie out. Sep. 26 - 3:21 pm et
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 pm

lol of course the week I start him he does this crap
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HomerJay » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 am

Roto

Jahvid Best is reportedly concerned that he has sprained ligaments in his right big toe.

Best could put no weight on his foot after Sunday's loss. The Lions don't comment publicly on injuries, so it'll be hard to get any timetables out of GM Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz. Nothing has been confirmed, but sprained ligaments in the toe sound like a turf-toe sort of problem. The Lions visit Green Bay in Week 4. We wouldn't count on Best playing. Sep. 26 - 11:54 pm et
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:00 pm

HomerJay wrote:Roto

Jahvid Best is reportedly concerned that he has sprained ligaments in his right big toe.

Best could put no weight on his foot after Sunday's loss. The Lions don't comment publicly on injuries, so it'll be hard to get any timetables out of GM Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz. Nothing has been confirmed, but sprained ligaments in the toe sound like a turf-toe sort of problem. The Lions visit Green Bay in Week 4. We wouldn't count on Best playing. Sep. 26 - 11:54 pm et

I hear its a grade two turf toe. Not serious. But I don't remember hearing any RB have a Turf toe and not having it affect them all season. Proceed with caution, Best owners. Bad team, bad coach, bad toe, black taco.
Doesn't quite work, but you get my drift. This electrifying rookie could be much more pedestrian from here on out :-t

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby k.k. » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:32 pm

I already read this morning (CBS Sports) that Best is expected to play in week 4 unless the pain in unbearable. He didn't suffer any ligament damage to the toe, as earlier feared. Best owners collectively probably dodged a bit of a bullet here. I need him for week 4 with AP on bye and Harrison doing nothing or being out. Lovely....
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:08 pm

k.k. wrote:I already read this morning (CBS Sports) that Best is expected to play in week 4 unless the pain in unbearable. He didn't suffer any ligament damage to the toe, as earlier feared. Best owners collectively probably dodged a bit of a bullet here. I need him for week 4 with AP on bye and Harrison doing nothing or being out. Lovely....

I don't think of it as dodging a bullet, but of playing Russian roulette. Best will have to alter his running style to account for the painful toe. This and focusing on pain or avoiding pain exposes him to higher risk of injury. Or, he could get shot up and feel no pain, then he risks further injury to toe. Lions would be best served to sit him until after their week 7 bye.
Last edited by moochman on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 am

+1 on sitting him for a few weeks. Turf toe can ruin a season. I'd much rather have Best healthy for the 2nd half of the season. At least he's young and will hopefully heal fast.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:33 am

Flyn high again wrote:+1 on sitting him for a few weeks. Turf toe can ruin a season. I'd much rather have Best healthy for the 2nd half of the season. At least he's young and will hopefully heal fast.

yeah as a fantasy owner with rb depth, i would much prefer best sit out this week. however, i'm sure the competitor in him is itching to get out on the field and the lions are in a desperate situation. schwartz could give a crap less about fantasy, he wants to beat green bay and somewhat get back in the hunt. however, someone should send a reality check to both of them that the lions aren't winning regardless if he suits up or not.

anyway, any of you best owners rolling the dice and starting him this week?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby k.k. » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:04 am

Jimboozie wrote:anyway, any of you best owners rolling the dice and starting him this week?

I have to. AP is on a bye. Harrison is sucking and has lost the starters job to Hillis. L.Washington is not getting enough touches. And Tolbert looks like he has company with Mathews back. Sad state of affairs for my RB crew.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk