Javid Best - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javid Best

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Javid Best...

Postby JavaDude » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:18 pm

k.k. wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:anyway, any of you best owners rolling the dice and starting him this week?

I have to. AP is on a bye. Harrison is sucking and has lost the starters job to Hillis. L.Washington is not getting enough touches. And Tolbert looks like he has company with Mathews back. Sad state of affairs for my RB crew.

Grab Mo Morris.
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 pm

JavaDude wrote:
k.k. wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:anyway, any of you best owners rolling the dice and starting him this week?

I have to. AP is on a bye. Harrison is sucking and has lost the starters job to Hillis. L.Washington is not getting enough touches. And Tolbert looks like he has company with Mathews back. Sad state of affairs for my RB crew.

Grab Mo Morris.

Oh man i dont know if you should tell people to do that. Especially against GB. I think you would do better getting that dude off the saints if he starts this weekend.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:24 pm

yeah i wouldn't count on much from mo mo. kevin smith is supposed to play some, but he's not 100% healthy.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:56 am

I'm doing my "best" to avoid starting him this week. Grabbed Peyton Hillis in both leagues so Best will probably sit.

I'm waiting for the Friday practice report to get an update on his condition. If Best doesn't practice in full, there's no chance I will play him. Even if he does practice, I may play Hillis instead.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Best DID practice Friday so he may play Sunday. I'm still looking at playing Hillis instead of Best this week since there's always the chance that Best plays and re-injures the toe. If you have no one else, continue to watch Best's progress. I still suggest finding safer alternatives until Best proves he is OK.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby k.k. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Sounds pretty solid that Best will start Sunday. How effective he is against GB and how close he is to 100% are other questions.

UPDATE: Tom Kowalski of MLive.com reports that Jahvid Best participated in practice Friday and expected to start Sunday. Whether he'll have a full workload, given his injury, is still up in the air. According to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora, Best's toe feels better after resting it for a couple of days.
~
k.k.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:33 pm

k.k. wrote:Sounds pretty solid that Best will start Sunday. How effective he is against GB and how close he is to 100% are other questions.

UPDATE: Tom Kowalski of MLive.com reports that Jahvid Best participated in practice Friday and expected to start Sunday. Whether he'll have a full workload, given his injury, is still up in the air. According to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora, Best's toe feels better after resting it for a couple of days.

Indeed. The Lions are scared out of their pants at starting 0-4 and having Bradford come in and light them up in week 5. A lot was said during the Stafford pick that the Lions should have picked something other than Stafford and got the QB the next year. That would have been Bradford.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FFslacker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:30 am

According to Steve Wyche on NFL Network, Jahvid Best will start and showed no noticeable limp or discomfort in warmups.
Great news for Best owners. He can be safely penciled into starting lineups. Oct. 3 - 11:23 am et
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Any word on Jahvid Best

Postby eaglesrock » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Is he injured? Yahoo has that he may be shut down for a couple weeks. Need to know cuz a guy in my PPR league wants to trade Best/Jennings or TO for McCoy n Ward.

I know this isnt the place for trade questions. I am concerned about the injury, I will trade if he is not.
eaglesrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 71)

Re: Any word on Jahvid Best

Postby deven8703 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Hes battling turf toe.I guess he reaggravated it last week. Fred Taylor has missed most of the season with it, Best may try to play through it but I don't know how valuable he will be, especially if Smith comes back and feels good.
deven8703
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk