Return to General Talk

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:59 am

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
m16a wrote:

What did ya think of this part of the season? I loved the ending and what Rick did personally. Woulda lost a lot of respect/liking for him had he not shot the girl...

Good so far! It was sad when the little girl came out of the barn, I wasn't expecting that - Rick did what he had to, but I was of course expecting Shane to do it. Shane is getting to be kind of a pain in the ass.

They are doing a really good job of mirroring two different types of people you'd see in that circumstance. RIck is essentially the guy I'd be in that situation, the guy who trys to maintain order, compassion, and a semblance of what life was before. He's still trying to be the serviceman cop, and attempting to minimize the "soldier" aspect. Shane has stepped away from that aspect, and has turned more to the "soldier" type view, trying to do anything and everything for him and him alone to survive. It makes for an interesting contrast, but he's definitely even more of a jerk than he has been.

That's a good analysis - I'd prob be more like Rick too. Shane's every man for himself attitude is not the kinda guy ya want in a group.

Def a lot more character development this year. Daryl (the redneck) has become a decent guy this season and a much more responsible member of the group.

Now that all the walkers in the barn have been disposed of, will the group stay there or will Hershel demand they get off his land? And when they do finally leave at some point, does Glen stay behind with Hershel's daughter, or does she leave with the group to be with Glen?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 am

A look ahead to season 3:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/v ... lking-dead

Kinda glad Shane is gone, he was really starting to be a complete a**hole and a threat to the unity of the group. Too bad Dale had to die, he would have been glad that Shane was gone - Dale was always kind of the moral compass for the group.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Posted this on the Darkside.

LOVE how the season ended. The Michonne character looks awesome, but is anybody also intrigued about the prison? This is what I've been thinking about: so becoming a zombie does not depend on being bitten or scratched, if you die you turn. I love that. I find it highly unlikely that prisoners were ever released when this whole thing started. I do think it's likely that the prison has cells full of zombies since the prisoners weren't likely fed or given any water. Why waste rations and supplies on convicts? That provides for some seriously twisted and awesome imagery. I hope they go where I want them to go with it.

As far as Shane? Yeah he was carrying the show for a while, but his schtick was getting old. I'm glad they offed him...it was his time. As badass as he claimed to be, he didn't have it in him to take control of the group. He had his shot at the title and failed.

Can't wait for next season! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby m16a » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:08 am

Metroid wrote:Posted this on the Darkside.

LOVE how the season ended. The Michonne character looks awesome, but is anybody also intrigued about the prison? This is what I've been thinking about: so becoming a zombie does not depend on being bitten or scratched, if you die you turn. I love that. I find it highly unlikely that prisoners were ever released when this whole thing started. I do think it's likely that the prison has cells full of zombies since the prisoners weren't likely fed or given any water. Why waste rations and supplies on convicts? That provides for some seriously twisted and awesome imagery. I hope they go where I want them to go with it.

As far as Shane? Yeah he was carrying the show for a while, but his schtick was getting old. I'm glad they offed him...it was his time. As badass as he claimed to be, he didn't have it in him to take control of the group. He had his shot at the title and failed.

Can't wait for next season! ;-D

Definitely in agreement with this. This show has a very odd tendency to start strong, peter off a bit, and finish very strongly. The beginning of season 2 was great, little weak in the middle, and excellent the last few episodes. Season 1 was too short to show this pattern. I'm looking forward to the reprise of Norman Reedus' (I forget his name in the show all the time. Me and my friends usually just call him redneck) brother's character. He was a lot of fun. He'll add some of the nasty that Shane brought that you need for a show like this. I'm also crazy confused about the Michonne character. I haven't read the graphic novels, so I don't know anything about it.

I'm also very interested to see how Rick handles the stress of having taken out Shane, and now being on the run with more people in his care again. They already showed some signs of him succumbing to it, so I wonder how a full season of that development will go. The prison scene was really eerie. I do so like this show. Thumbs up for season 3. Can't wait. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm

stomperrob

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 pm

stomperrob wrote:A look ahead at Season 3:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-walkin ... the-prison

Bring it on, already! Tired of waiting :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 am

Because I'm a nerd like this, I actually picked up some of the comics that the show is based on this weekend. It's certainly well written, and it seems Michonne (the woman with the sword at the end of the season) will be playing a new role. She was a member of the survival group in the comic, but I certainly get a strong villain vibe from her watching the TV series.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Don't have to wait much longer - Oct 14 is the start of the new season!

For those who can't wait, here's four 5 minute webcasts (features stories involving characters not on the TV show, but revolving around the same zombie stuff):

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking- ... t_id=32666
stomperrob

Postby m16a » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am

stomperrob wrote:Don't have to wait much longer - Oct 14 is the start of the new season!

For those who can't wait, here's four 5 minute webcasts (features stories involving characters not on the TV show, but revolving around the same zombie stuff):

Three days... Can't wait. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Don't have to wait much longer - Oct 14 is the start of the new season!

Three days... Can't wait. ;-D

Me either! ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk