Week 10 Vick Bragging and Crying - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 10 Vick Bragging and Crying

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 10 Vick Bragging and Crying

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:14 am

Michael Vick had what may have been THE best scoring night of any FF QB ever in Week 10. You guys must have some stories on what he did for/to your teams.

I played Vick in both my leagues. I was ahead in one league so Vick gave me a 60 point win rather than a 10 point win. In my other league, I was down by 40 points going into Monday night. I had Vic and Akers playing. My opponent had Maclin. I had already written off the week when Vick began his amazing performance. By the start of the 2nd quarter I was back in contention. By the 3rd, I took the lead and didn't look back. Best part is I was in a three way tie for the division lead and the other two teams lost. They both had tie breakers on me so I was not optimistic about winning the division and the accompanying $200 bonus. Vick's play gives me sole possession of the lead and new hope for collecting the $.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 10 Vick Bragging and Crying

Postby benb18a » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:27 am

For the past few days, I had regretted starting Vick over Matt Ryan. This team scored the most in the league this week.....before Vick started :-*

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 am

Bittersweet week for me...

Rolled one opponent w/ Vick & McCoy last night.

Rolled another opponent, but in this particular league, I traded Vick (and VJax/M. Bush) while he was still hurt for M. Ryan and Moreno... I would still probably do it again as I needed RB & QB help - hopefully it doesn't burn me come playoff time.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jblood5150 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 am

my opponent had Vick and Roddy White...
ouch
jblood5150
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 am

i went into last night down 80 w vick, mccoy, and torain vs his desean jackson

w torain not playing i lost by 2. if i woudl have started felix jones instead of torain, if torain woudl have not been such a wuss and played, or if desean jackson had lost that fumble at the end that was recovered by the eagles i woudl have won

such is the life of fantasy. but im not too bummed as i hadnt expected to be anywhere close to winning
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 am

My lineup was this:

QB: Vick
RBs: Forte, LT, Torain
WRs: Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace
TE: Marcedes Lewis
K: Tynes
DEF: Bears

Entering the 4th quarter of the Sunday night game, all of my players had played besides Vick and Torain and I had 1 quarter left from Wallace.

In the fourth quarter of the Steelers game, Mike Wallace had something like 100 yards and 2 TDs.
In the first quarter and one play of the Eagles game, Vick had 4 TDs.

I had 27 quarters worth of opportunities for any of my other 6 players +Wallace to score TDs, and nobody did for 27 man/quarters of play. Then in the following 2 man/quarters of play Wallace and Vick lit it up for 6 TDs.

I didn't even care that Torain didn't play because I had already obliterated my opponent's lead by the end of the 1st quarter last night.

Funny how you can go all of Sunday until the last quarter of the last game without any TDs and then 2 players in 1 quarter a piece can score you 6. That's fantasy football for you.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Was down by 6 going into last nights game and I woke up to a million texts saying "OMG! VICKS MAKING HISTORY!".. Sure enough, I see him with 32 fantasy points ;-D Ended up putting up 194 points (.5 PPR, 6 pts for all TDs, 35 per passing, 1 pt for all 10 rushing/receiving). Thought I was definitely going to lose after seeing Flacco and White go nuts on Thursday :-b
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Played him in 2 leagues and didn't play against him at all.

I have been fighting the QB scoring in a specific league for several years now... 1/20 and 6 per. The guy playing Vick was up exactly 60 points going into last night... ended up tying. 60 points for Vick... other 8 starters... 40 points. Ridiculous.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Played him in 1 league in place of Rivers who was on a bye. Only need 4 points to win but he dumped 57 on my opponent and I took home high points and the money for the week. I'm thinking this is the greatest single fantasy performance in a standard league ever possibly?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby benb18a » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm

I believe Yahoo! confirmed that it was the greatest performance ever, at least in the fantasy era. I just wish he had been on my IFL team, instead of Peyton's sorry 187 yards and no TD's :-?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk