keiland williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

keiland williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

keiland williams

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:55 pm

now that torain is ruled out...worth playing this guy. he didnt look too bad last week...and he should get around 15 carries
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: keiland williams

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:39 pm

I think he'd be a pretty solid play. But I've read that James Davis could be signed from the practice squad to share carries...with Shannahan you can never rule such things out. Still the Titans are not that great against the run and have struggled with good pass catching RBs over the past few weeks.

Keiland doesn't really stand out to me in any way. But he has a good overall skillset and should be in line for enough carries to do well this week.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I think he'd be a pretty solid play. But I've read that James Davis could be signed from the practice squad to share carries...with Shannahan you can never rule such things out. Still the Titans are not that great against the run and have struggled with good pass catching RBs over the past few weeks.

Keiland doesn't really stand out to me in any way. But he has a good overall skillset and should be in line for enough carries to do well this week.

I would like to see the Skins activate Davis and see what he can do, but that won't be an issue this week. Keiland is probably a reasonable, borderline top 25 play at RB this week, but will lose some carries to Portis, who Shanny says is a go for his first action since suffering the groin strain. I certainly wouldn't expect a line like Monday night from Williams though, as the Titans are tough, and they probably won't be up 35-0 with 14 minutes left in the second quarter.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby LMack » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Keiland isn't getting a lot of love over at ESPN, but if he's starting I'm not sure why. Contemplating playing him in my flex this week over Marshawn Lynch, standard scoring.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby LMack » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Decent day for Williams. The whole buzz about Portis being the starter turned out to be nothing, as the 23 to 5 carry split shows. Portis ran pretty well, but must not have been able to handle a large worklod.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:56 pm

LMack wrote:Decent day for Williams. The whole buzz about Portis being the starter turned out to be nothing, as the 23 to 5 carry split shows. Portis ran pretty well, but must not have been able to handle a large worklod.

The 23 to 5 carry split happened because Portis reinjured his groin. Portis actually looked very good in his limited work, but he retweaked the groin and Williams got everything the rest of the way. Otherwise it would have been a pretty even split. Doesn't look like Portis will play in week 12 though, so Keiland should be a good start at least once more.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Football Talk