One of these Cats is the Worst Team in the NFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

One of these Cats is the Worst Team in the NFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

One of these Cats is the Worst Team in the NFL

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 am

Panthers with only 1 win

OR

Bengals with 7-game skid.

I'm going with the Bengals, since anyone is supposed to get better and better with practice, not worse. The Bills have the same record but back-to-back wins at least give fans hope that the team is improving. I think we knew all along that the Bills weren't the worst team in pro football, despite their horrendous start.

There are a handful of teams that, record-wise, could be the worst by the end of the year, but I think one of these two cats will end up the consensus pick, regardless of whether they walk away with the #1 draft pick.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: One of these Cats is the Worst Team in the NFL

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:46 am

Carolina is the worst team in the league by a good margin IMO.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 am

i give the edge to Carolina, but the Lions should at least be in the conversation
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 am

Worst team in football? Carolina.

Most under-performing team? Bungles.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 am

Metroid wrote:Worst team in football? Carolina.

Most under-performing team? Bungles.

IDK, the Bungles have the history of not being able to put back to back winners together (and the nickanme the Bungles is in common usage, even prior to the disaster that 2010 has been) - they always seem to under preform when there are any expectations.

The Vikings on the other hand were a game away from the Super Bowl a year ago, and they are the complete package of total suck.

The Cowboys may be playing better of late, but also, a popular pre-season Super Bowl pick.

The 49ers were supposed to run away and hide with the NFC West, they too belong the total suck club.

IDK what was the most embarassing loss this week - the 49ers agetting shut out at home up against the vaunted Bucs who came across the country and manhandled the 49ers or The Vikings getting absolutely destroyed at home by hated division rival Green Bay...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 am

Sex Panther wrote:The 49ers were supposed to run away and hide with the NFC West, they too belong the total suck club.

The NFC West happens to have two terrible teams and two ok teams. I've been very supportive of the NFC West in years past when everyone kept saying it is the worst division in the NFL despite have two teams go to the Superbowl in the past 5 years. This year however they are the worst.

The future however looks pretty good if SF and Arizona can get good QBs this offseason. (Not that Seattle can afford to sleep on a QB this offseason, but at least their QB play isn't the reason they aren't doing well. Or at least the MAIN reason.) And it's clear Sam Bradford is the real deal from what I've seen.

My worst five in the NFL today, described as the teams I believe the Seahawks (a good indicator at 5-5) would handle:

Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers

The top five underperforming teams, described as the teams I think the Seahawks might beat but shouldn't based on the talent of this team:

Dallas Cowboys
Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals
Minnesota Vikings
San Diego Chargers
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 pm

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Lions remain on the top of the list. No team can hope to compile (think compost) a record for futility that they Lions have over the last decade.
**RANT** They hold the record for longest road losing streak at 26, having just broken their own record of 24. There isn't a team that consistantly plays awful, losing football like the Lions. And they deserve it, their owner is the biggest boob in the league, blind to the pain of a fanbase that has somehow remained loyal despite a front office and coaching staff that couldn't care less about them. William Clay Ford deserves not to win another football game for the rest of his life. He has been that pathetic an owner, on every level. His family wouldn't let him play with cars, so they gave him a football team. And he has proven their wisdom was not misplaced. Not enough bad things can happen to this team to match the lunacy of his ownership. **END RANT**

So don't fall for the Loser come latelys and their terrible play. That is more reflective of a poorly run league than terrible franchises (Bills and Cards notable exceptions) The Lions are the biggest losers in all professional sport. The rest are just posers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 am

Great argument, Mooch, and of course a Lion is still a big pussy(cat), fitting in nicely with the Panthers and Bengals.

I'm sort of sad about their Thanksgiving game this year, because it's the one day of the year I allow myself to root for the Lions (ever since Wayne Fontes spilled enough tears to flood the stadium and retain his then-interim job). This year, however, they play New England, so as a Mainer and Pats fan it would be traitorous for me to root for Detroit.

Ironically, the Bengals are in a position to give the Pats a big reason to celebrate Thanksgiving; I'll have to stop badmouthing them if they beat the Jets for us ;)

Guess I'll have to root for Dallas this year, the only home team whose win wouldn't hurt us. Gooooo Cowboys!
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:03 am

Panthers, no doubt.

The Bungles can at least hang with some teams and score some points. They almost came back on the Steelers a week or so ago, and they put up a huge lead on Buffalo...before completely collapsing. The most Carolina has scored was 23 against the niners (their only win). Other than that, its been 18 or less including 3 against the Saints, a couple 7 point games and a 6 point game.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk