Antonio Gates - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Antonio Gates

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antonio Gates

Postby TheGhost » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:49 pm

What happened to Antonio Gates? CBS says he's injured and left the game.
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 930
(Past Year: 21)
Joined: 9 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:47 pm

His ankle is in a boot.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1732
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Doc19 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Does the "ankle in the boot" mean the dreaded high ankle sprain, or is it prettu much standard procedure?
Doc19
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 87
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Doc19 wrote:Does the "ankle in the boot" mean the dreaded high ankle sprain, or is it prettu much standard procedure?


MRI tomorrow will tell the tale. I'd bet he is out a week or 2 though. If it is just a twinge then they wrap it and come back. He didn't come back.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Doc19 wrote:Does the "ankle in the boot" mean the dreaded high ankle sprain, or is it prettu much standard procedure?


MRI tomorrow will tell the tale. I'd bet he is out a week or 2 though. If it is just a twinge then they wrap it and come back. He didn't come back.


That's the scary thing, he did come back, hurt it worse (could put no pressure on it at all) and left again.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3029
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby LeftOfNormal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm

From Rotoworld:
The Chargers are "hopeful" that Antonio Gates (toe) will be available in Week 7 against the Patriots.
The injury was initially reported to be to Gates' left ankle, but he appears to have turf toe or at least a toe sprain. Either way, it appears Gates will be listed as questionable for Week 7. Gates could put no pressure on his left foot in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Rams.


:-° Looks like it wasn't nearly as bad as first reported.
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 310
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:48 pm

LeftOfNormal wrote:From Rotoworld:
The Chargers are "hopeful" that Antonio Gates (toe) will be available in Week 7 against the Patriots.
The injury was initially reported to be to Gates' left ankle, but he appears to have turf toe or at least a toe sprain. Either way, it appears Gates will be listed as questionable for Week 7. Gates could put no pressure on his left foot in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Rams.


:-° Looks like it wasn't nearly as bad as first reported.


For Gates owners I hope you are right but turf toe is no laughing matter either. I have seen players be nagged by turf toe for an entire year.
Image
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12517
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 9 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the bushes outside Matt Millens house

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby LeftOfNormal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:18 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
LeftOfNormal wrote:From Rotoworld:
The Chargers are "hopeful" that Antonio Gates (toe) will be available in Week 7 against the Patriots.
The injury was initially reported to be to Gates' left ankle, but he appears to have turf toe or at least a toe sprain. Either way, it appears Gates will be listed as questionable for Week 7. Gates could put no pressure on his left foot in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Rams.


:-° Looks like it wasn't nearly as bad as first reported.


For Gates owners I hope you are right but turf toe is no laughing matter either. I have seen players be nagged by turf toe for an entire year.


See Ladanian Tomlinson, 2009.

Still, I'll take an 85% Gates over any other TE in the league for the rest of the season.
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 310
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
For Gates owners I hope you are right but turf toe is no laughing matter either. I have seen players be nagged by turf toe for an entire year.


I agree. Listen to the little piggy crying weee weee weee in the commercials and imagine trying to play that way.

I had Gates as starter and Cooley as back up. Hope one of them can play next week...

Edit: I apologize for the stupidity of this post... and the commercial.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1732
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby tbagz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 am

Ya, anyone remember that year gates had turf toe? It was maybe 2-3 years ago or so. He started every single game but just sucked week in and week out. Hopefully it's not as severe as it was before or they rest him until it is truly healed, need him for a good playoff run! With that said, anyone have ideas for a good sleeper TE that would still be on waivers?
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 214
Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:05 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact