Antonio Gates - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antonio Gates

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gates!! NOOOOOoooooooo.... !!!

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 am

tbagz wrote:Ya, anyone remember that year gates had turf toe? It was maybe 2-3 years ago or so. He started every single game but just sucked week in and week out. Hopefully it's not as severe as it was before or they rest him until it is truly healed, need him for a good playoff run! With that said, anyone have ideas for a good sleeper TE that would still be on waivers?

Watson, Carlson, Fred Davis (if Cooley doesn't go), Daniels (doesn't help this week, best of bunch going forward), Moekai, Hernadez (doubt he's available), Winslow (doubt he's available), Shockey, Lee....

TE is relatively easy to fix in a pinch - lots of options out there.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tbagz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:04 am

Sex Panther wrote:Watson, Carlson, Fred Davis (if Cooley doesn't go), Daniels (doesn't help this week, best of bunch going forward), Moekai, Hernadez (doubt he's available), Winslow (doubt he's available), Shockey, Lee....

TE is relatively easy to fix in a pinch - lots of options out there.

Easy to fix, hard to replace Gates' production though. He was having a record breaking season! :~(

Think I will have to go with Watson this week, although there are a couple other sleeper worthy TE's out there still such as Pettigrew and like you said Daniels as well going forward.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 am

tbagz wrote:Easy to fix, hard to replace Gates' production though. He was having a record breaking season! :~(

Think I will have to go with Watson this week, although there are a couple other sleeper worthy TE's out there still such as Pettigrew and like you said Daniels as well going forward.

Oh, agree 100%, impossible to replace Gates production - he has been such an overwhelming advantage out of the TE slot prior to last week - like having a top tier WR1 out of the TE slot - just saying TE positon is deep enough to at least get something startable off the wire pretty much any week (forgot about Pettigrew - I like him as well, Gresaham also).
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Watson, Daniels, Moeaki.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tcwhy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Looks like Gates will play this weekend - who knows what kind of reps and how effective he will be though. I'm picking up Moeaki just to have the option Sunday morning.

Per Rotoworld...

"The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee considers it a "safe bet" that Antonio Gates (toe) will play against the Pats on Sunday.
Gates has started 85 straight games, many of them in pain. "My streak is on the line," Gates said. "More important is we're trying to make a run, make a push. The next few games are important to our season." Though he still looks like a game-time decision, the momentum is clearly swinging toward Gates playing. In which case, he has to be used in fantasy leagues."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... NFL&id=611
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JagBags619 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 am

Any new Sunday updates on Gates? Trying to decide if I should start someone else in the early games
JagBags619
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JagBags619 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

"Antonio Gates is going to try to play on his injured toe, but is still "very iffy," according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Oct. 24 - 11:45 am et"

This is from Rotoworld this morning...

Sounds like he'll be active but any suggestions on how you think he'll play?
JagBags619
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JagBags619 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:01 am

Here is a more detailed description and some advice from Rotoworld...

Antonio Gates is going to try to play on his injured toe, but is still "very iffy," according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Schefter doesn't paint a very rosy picture for Gates, confirming that the currently injured toe is the same one that he had surgery on in 2008. Schefter adds that Gates "knows he shouldn't play, but still will try." If Gates is active he must be in fantasy lineups, but owners should have backup plans in late games at the ready. We will know Gates' official status around 2:30 ET. He remains a true game-time decision.
JagBags619
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dragon63 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 am

Man I just don't know what to do. I can start Moeaki if needed, but I would rather have the great Gates in there. Play it safe or play with fire???
Dragon63
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JagBags619 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:24 am

I'm in the same boat...could start Watson in the early games or pick up someone like carlson or boss and wait it out for the 2nd games and if he doesnt start toss one of them in...id prefer an unhealthy gates over just about any other healthy tight end...just dont want him to get hurt part way thru and be out for the game...
JagBags619
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk