Looking for an excel spreadsheet - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Looking for an excel spreadsheet

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for an excel spreadsheet

Postby Horchheimer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey there guys, I'm trying to google out an excel spread sheet that'll help me figure out fantasy playoff scenarios.

For instance, our one confrence has already got their #1 and #2 clinched up, with the next team being 5 games behind. So I know that one's locked up.

But in our other confrence, 1st place looks to be just about tied down, but we have the potential for a three way tie for second place.

basically, I'd like to find a spreadsheet that I can key in some data, and eventually figure out some data like Team B has to win two of their last three games to get in. If Team C wins two of their last three games, they'll be in by virture of head-to-head... etc...

Does anyone know if there's a template out there?
Thanks for your time guys.
Horchheimer
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for an excel spreadsheet

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am

I'm not sure why this would be necessary. If you post your standings and playoff rules we could probably give you a pretty good idea of what needs to happen for a particular team to get in. It is fairly straightforward in most leagues.

Basically if your team isn't in the playoffs, keep trying to win every week to get in. If your team is already in the playoffs, keep trying to win every week to get a high seed. If you're out of the playoffs already, keep trying to win every week to maintain some respectability.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for an excel spreadsheet

Postby spodog » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:11 pm

working these scenarios out by hand is half the fun. Don't think you'll find an excel spreadsheet that can solve this riddle for you due to the countless permutations of how every league handles tie breakers differently.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk