Knowshon Moreno, legit RB 2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Knowshon Moreno, legit RB 2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Knowshon Moreno, legit RB 2?

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am

I have never been very high on Knowshon, however, I acquired him via trade several weeks ago - needed RB help badly, and much to my suprise he hasn't dissapointed - even though I'm always hesitant to start him...

Last night was the first time I got a chance to really watch him, and again, I was suprised - he ran much 'harder" than I thought, he wasn't as slow as I thought, he was more patient than I thought, and he's a better receiver than I thought.

Also nice to see he's not an afterthought when the Broncos are playing from behind - I won't go as far as calling him matchup proof (as evident by the stinker vs the Jets or the underwhelming performance vs SF in London), but the OAK game & last night vs SD he did put up RB1 fantasy numbers. Denver doesn't seem to utilize the TE at all, so by default Moreno becomes Orton's checkdown/safety valve & McD-Bag seems fully commited to him (and the lack of any threat behind him on the DC helps a ton).

WK 1 - 12.4 standard/13.4 full PPR
WK 2 - 17.8 standard/21.8 full PPR
WK 3 - DNP/INJ
WK 4 - DNP/INJ
WK 5 - DNP/INJ
WK 6 - 2.8 standard/2.8 full PPR
WK 7 - 21.0 standard/24.0 full PPR
WK 8 - 6.9 standard/10.9 full PPR
WK 9 - BYE
WK 10 - 21.6 standard/24.6 full PPR
WK 11 - 18.0 standard/25.0 full PPR

In the 7 games he's played, he's averaging 19 touches (15.9 carries, 3.1 receptions), 93.5 YFS (59.4 rushing, 34.1 receiving), .85 TD (3 rushing, 3 receiving), good for a 14.4 standard/17.5 full PPR FFPPG average - good for the 9th best PPG average among RB's in both formats.

The Broncos remaing schedule sets up very nicely in terms of fantasy - vs STL, @ KC, @ AZ, @ OAK, vs HOU...

From FFtoday:

In case you needed confirmation about how important Knowshon Moreno may be during the fantasy playoffs, this should provide it. With HC Josh McDaniels apparently ready to give his second-year RB the full load, Moreno could tear apart four straight opponents to end the season – all of which allow at least 25 fantasy points to the RB position. Only the Chargers this week (or a reoccurrence of his hamstring problems) look to slow down what should be a great finish to Moreno’s season as the Rams defense isn’t nearly as good away from home. In regards to the passing game, Kyle Orton’s owners (as well as the owners of Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney) have to be drooling at what is possible if their fantasy team makes it to Week 16 against the horrid Texans’ pass defense. I’m not crazy about Denver’s prospects on the road against the Chargers this week or in a Week 13 rematch at Arrowhead Stadium against the Chiefs, but Arizona, Oakland and Houston have shown no ability whatsoever to stop elite passing attacks, which is exactly what Denver has become. The one downside, though, is the possibility of another demolition like the one Oakland put on the Broncos in Week 7. Both the Raiders and Texans have the running game necessary to pound the Broncos’ defense all day long and keep Orton & Co. off the field.

Linkage: http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/10 ... son.htm#10

So fellow Knowshon owners, are you ready to set him in your lineup and just keep him plugged there from here on out or do you still have reservations? If so, who are you thinking of sitting him for & why?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Knowshon Moreno, legit RB 2?

Postby hotshotz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't understsand the hate on Moreno. I think he is a good back in the Denver system and he remains to get alot of touches. The only hate is Denver's D is horrid so if the Broncos fall behind they will rely on the pass more (although Moreno has pretty decent hands getting checkdown in the passing game).

I have him as a flex and I have no complaints about that. He is doing very well for me and I am first (9-2) in my league.
hotshotz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 011472 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:28 pm

I kept Knowshon in my auction league and committed to him since week 1. Never understood the mistrust. He wasn't a stud last year, but his numbers weren't that bad. I chalked it up to high expectations created by the rookie RBs from 2008. All reports on his offseason and the changes in the Denver scheme were positive.

He got off to a strong start, and I don't count week 6 against him- just working back in from the injury and didn't get too involved in the first half. Outside of that, he's put up double digits in all but one game he's played.

Obviously the clause "he's played" is the key. He's established himself as an injury concern similar to the way a lot of us look at DMC. But I'm starting him without question from here on in.

And this is guaranteed to get flames, I say he could easily be this year's Jamaal Charles/Ryan Grant, etc. Riding the easy second half schedule and relatively low owner investment to big numbers and possible second half/playoff fantasy mvp status.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GoodOl'Days » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

He's a stud, one of the few guys who can move through defenders like Adrian Peterson. Sure he's less powerful and a little slower in the open field, but Moreno's vision, cutback quickness and ability to make contact while using an angle to propel himself of prohibit his defender from tacking him is what makes him special. I'm all about him. Man crush. :-b
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sammyfan711 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:08 am

Monday night's game when San Diego crushed them had a major turning point for Knowshon's value when Buckhalter dropped an easy pass in the two-minute offense - every since that play Knowshon saw every snap, even when they were full blown comeback mode.

Knowshon being an every-down back makes him unique among fantasy backs, there are not many that figure to play in a higher percentage of snaps down the stretch.

I was going to trade Knowshon for Big Ben when I was in a bye week crunch a few weeks back but I'm glad I held onto him for RB depth. At this point he has passed McFadden on my team's depth chart as my RB3, still behind Gore and Mendy.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sex Panther » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Another very useable day by Knowshon - 118 YFS (12 carries, 6 catches), TD, and a fumble lost - 15.8 standard, 21.8 full PPR.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 011472 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm

175 total yards today. He's peaking at the right time. Now if only McDaniels would've seen that his passing game wasn't working while Moreno was piling up the yards, it could've been a huge day.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk