Jimmy Graham - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Graham

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Graham

Postby 011472 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:46 pm

What do you think here? I've locked up the playoffs despite consistently poor TE play. Graham looks great as long as Shockey's out, but do you foresee him holding value for week 15 and 16? Those other weeks don't matter to me right now.

My instinct tells me to let Graham pass and work with a guy like Olsen, who I know won't be sharing with another TE in a month. It also tells me not to drop Randy McMichael so fast in case there's a development with Gates.

But my instinct also told me to drop Fred Jackson a few weeks ago, so that's why I come to the cafe.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jimmy Graham

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 am

Given the options listed, I'd definitely go with Graham. They clearly drafted him to groom to replace Shockey (damn you, LS2). Weeks 15 and 16- @ Bal, @ Atl. 2 teams weak against the pass, strong against the run. With Brees' pass-it-around style, you could hit or miss, like Russian Roulette.

I've already picked him up in 2-3 leagues I was struggling at TE, so I put my money where my mouth is.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jimmy Graham

Postby Montana168 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree, given the above options, graham is probably your best bet. I really like Graham's potential with Brees longterm, but when I say longterm, I mean 1-2 years from now, not 1-2 games from now. He certainly has the potential, and given his likely price (free on the waiver) he is worth the risk, but he still looked raw in yesterday's game. Dropped a couple passes off his hands, granted, they were difficult catches to make, but they are passes that an NFL receiver (including TE) should make. Brees' only INT yesterday bounced off the hands of Graham.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk