League issue: Is Woodhead a RB or RB/WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League issue: Is Woodhead a RB or RB/WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

League issue: Is Woodhead a RB or RB/WR

Postby Calyxes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:00 am

We have a major issue this week in our money league. A owner of Danny Woodhead asked the commisioner to change a roster setting to show him as a RB/WR. The commish checked a couple of sites where he was listed as both a RB/WR and made the change. Some owners are upset that he can be started at either the RB or WR position nw and claim that a player should only have one position that he can start at. I am kind of in the middle on the issue and I am wondering what everyones opinion is about this situation.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League issue: Is Woodhead a RB or RB/WR

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:18 pm

I think he was listed as a WR when he played for the Jets and in fantasy leagues that just carried over when the Patriots signed him. It's definitely gray area as WR obviously isn't his natural position. (Like when Colston was listed as a WR/TE.) I don't have any problem with people taking advantage of this in leagues where he is listed as a RB/WR but if he's only listed as a RB on your site, you shouldn't go out of your way to change it.

IMO the owner of Woodhead in this league should never have asked for the change and the commish shouldn't have granted it when he did ask. The other owners have a right to be upset.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:55 pm

If you're playing with a league host such as Yahoo which gives Woodhead dual WR/RB eligibility, then fine. If you're playing in a league host which DOES NOT, why should the commissioner make some sort of exception? Just because Woodhead has such dual eligibility in Yahoo does not mean it should be automatically applied to all other league hosts. The rules of the specific league host you are using should govern it. The rules should especially not change mid-season. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:58 pm

The Lung wrote:If you're playing with a league host such as Yahoo which gives Woodhead dual WR/RB eligibility, then fine. If you're playing in a league host which DOES NOT, why should the commissioner make some sort of exception? Just because Woodhead has such dual eligibility in Yahoo does not mean it should be automatically applied to all other league hosts. The rules of the specific league host you are using should govern it. The rules should especially not change mid-season. :-t

Agreed 100%. All my leagues go by whatever the host site lists the player as. It's one of those unwritten rules. This situation comes up more with IDP's. I know Bryan Thomas is listed as a DL on fleaflicker, but he's listed as a LB on MFL. I don't think anyone in any of my leagues would even think to ask for this type of change, especially mid-season like Lung mentioned, but I do know that in all the leagues that I commish/co-commish...the change most likely wouldn't be made, even in the offseason. So I think the owner is wrong for even asking, and I think the commish should never have even given the change a thought....until the offseason. :,-( ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:29 pm

If woodhead used to be a runningback and now played WR. I could see the change possibly being made. Nevertheless woodhead is currently a RB and NOT a WR, so there is no reason to list him as a RB/WR.
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby R00k » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:57 pm

At least they dont have him listed as a RB/TE
LOL

I had Woodhead for a while in a yahoo league but had to drop him because of injuries and hoping that Sidney Rice is back to form.

I thought about putting him at WR but it never came up because I'm in a PPR league and a RB that catches passes is a lot more valuable than someone in a WR slot who doesnt have the opportunity to get you more than 15 points. (the wr'ers can explode for as much as 40+ points in this league)
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am

The Lung wrote:If you're playing with a league host such as Yahoo which gives Woodhead dual WR/RB eligibility, then fine. If you're playing in a league host which DOES NOT, why should the commissioner make some sort of exception? Just because Woodhead has such dual eligibility in Yahoo does not mean it should be automatically applied to all other league hosts. The rules of the specific league host you are using should govern it. The rules should especially not change mid-season. :-t

Agree, play with in the rules of the provider your league is set up as - I play in 3 Yahoo leagues where Woodhead is listed as RB/WR & in 1 NFL.com league where he's listed simply as a WR.

In standard scoring formats, through 11 games palyed (since they played yesterrday) Woodhead ranks as the 26th RB or 28th WR...

After the full tilt of games this coming weekend, he'll probably rank somewhere along the lines of 26th-30th RB & 32nd-35th WR...

This isn't quite as dramatic as Colston's rookie year when he had the insanely stupid designation of WR/TE - considering he never lined up as a TE in the NFL...

As far as I can tell, going off of NFL 2006 TE stats, on a PPG basis, Colston averaged 14 ppg in standard scoring...

Gates 9.15
Crumpler 8.9
Gonzalez 8.0
Heap 7.0
Shockey 7.0
Cooley 6.8
Winslow 6.6
Smith 5.7
Witten 5.1
McMichael 5.1

Top 10 TE ppg, totally unfair advantage at the TE slot - getting WR1 #'s from a guy who never played TE...

I don't see the appeal in starting a fringe, at best, guy in Woodhead - I do agree that it's BS for a commish to change elig. at this point in the season however.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wenchtamer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:09 pm

It's pretty obvious that he's an RB. He should be listed as RB on all hosts, or they need to change Bush, Charles, and a bunch of other RBs that occasionally line up at receiver to dual eligibility as well.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk