College Fantasy Football League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

College Fantasy Football League

Moderator: Football Moderators

College Fantasy Football League

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 pm

I just wanted to be the first to congratulate The Lung on winning our college league championship this year. For those few of you who frequent this forum who aren't in the league, this was my first year playing college fantasy football. And while I did very well for a rook, making it to the championship game, The Lung handed me my ass to take the title. Obviously I still have much to learn. Haha. :-b

Thanks to everyone in the league, and a special thanks to Lung for commishing and making all the gears turn. It was great fun and I hope to do it again next year. B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: College Fantasy Football League

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 am

Metroid wrote:The Lung handed me my ass.

I dunno why, but that was funny. Congrats to you both. ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 am

Grats Lung, Met blew his wad to edge by me in the semis otherwise I would have crushed you in the finals. ;-)
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:15 am

Sandrock wrote:Grats Lung, Met blew his wad to edge by me in the semis otherwise I would have crushed you in the finals. ;-)

Yeah I think I had the highest weekly score for the season in the semis, I also was fortunate enough to get you on a week without LaMike. And yeah it looks like if you would have arranged the proper lineup, you could have taken down Lung in the finals for sure.

Overall I had a great team but most of my key players that I had too much faith in were just very inconsistent. Quizz and Devine were up and down every other week, and two of my early pick WR's were just complete flops. I think I played the waiver wire pretty well though, some of my fill in D/ST's worked out well. And Kamar Jorden was a huge add, that kid was more consistent than any of the WR's I drafted. Picking up DT and Maehl was great too, although I should have done it a lot sooner.

Yeah, good fun. I like it way more than pro FFB.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 pm

T'was a good time - thanx a bunch Lung - look forward to doin' 'er again next season! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Metroid wrote: I like it way more than pro FFB.

Heretic ;-)

Gratz on the win Lung.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby The Lung » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. ;-D

I am definitely looking forward to next year, and I promise to start earlier in the summer with attempts to recruit other managers. I want to make sure we have a 12 or even 14 team league - as you all saw, with such a large pool of players to choose from, in a 10-team league it's fairly easy to pick up replacements for bye weeks and injuries and so it can make the initial draft somewhat moot. I think with more managers it will make the league that much more competitive, and ensure that managers need to study hard for the initial draft. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:09 am

in, just let me know as early as possible because work suks
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 am

:-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby The Lung » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Sorry guys but I just don't think we can make it happen this year. I should have addressed this in mid-to-late July, and now I'm basically on the road this entire month of August. First I was in Santa Cruz, CA for a week working a golf tournament, then I visited my brother in Tacoma, WA for a week. I'm home in PA this weekend, but I'll be leaving for a business trip to Wichita KS tomorrow for two weeks and won't be home until after Labor Day. College football games start over Labor Day weekend, but in fact, the first games are on Thursday September 1, 2011 which is only eleven days from now.

I'm sorry to those who were looking forward to this league, but I just don't think there's any way I can (from my hotel room late at night) recruit 10-12 managers and get a draft day/time arranged. Sorry. :-/
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to College Football