Is it EVER ok to throw a game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is it EVER ok to throw a game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Throw a Game?

Postby FatFoot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm officially facing a situation where I'd benefit from having thrown tonight's game.

I'm the #1 seed. The #2 seed is IMO the best team in the league. The team everyone should fear in the playoffs.

In my league it would be much better to be the #2 team, because #1 plays the winner of #6 vs #3, and #2 plays the winner of #4 and #5.

#6 will lose. They lucked their way into the playoffs. Great owner, horrible luck. Honestly the whole league is great. But anyway, #3 will win next week and I will have to play him in the semi's.

#4 or #5 could win. It doesn't matter. I LOVE my odds (as would #2 or #3) against those 2 teams.

I know that reads weird. Anyway... basically, if I lost today, I think I'd automatically be in the finals, which means a return on investment... profit over entry fee.
If I lose, I will play the best bad team for a chance to win my entry fee back.

So I had every reason to throw tonight's game (and Bowe and Eli Manning tried their best to help me do just that) but it's wrong. It's anti-competitive and purely money driven. Screw that.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is it EVER ok to throw a game-in the final :)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

UPDATE:
Team B's owner turns out to have integrity and honor with regard to at least his FFB. Upon seeing my post on my concerns about him throwing the game against the Commish, he updated his starting roster and added a kicker, and then proceeded to beat the Commish's team. At the same time, I won my game, meaning that I am in the playoffs, trying to defend my title in my last year in the league, while having my Waiver/FA add/drop abilities LOCKED.

Once tonights game is over, I plan on posting in that other forum's draftroom, thanking Team B's owner for his integrity and honor, while also asking the Commish if he wants to unlock my Waiver/FA add/drop abilities so that I can properly compete in the playoffs without his imposed handicaps.

Anyway, it would be soooooo cooool if I could repeat at champion in this league for the last time. :-D
Last edited by FantasySportsMaven on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Is it EVER ok to throw a game?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 am

Here is the latest:

I posted in the draftroom that I want to do a waiver claim and asked the commish to either unlock my team or let me know and I would send him my Waiver Claim so he could do it for me. I posted my request at around 8:30a on Tuesday, figuring that would give him enough time to get my claim in. By 8pm, I still had no answer in spite of his being logged onto the site for much of the day.
At 6am, I checked the forum and draftroom and not only did I not see his response, but I also did not see my request anymore.
So, this butthead commish just decided to punish me for beating him honestly for the last playoff spot by handicaping me in my playoff game this week.

As it was, I wanted to claim James Stark and drop Brandon Jackson but of course another playoff team got him... and that team had a worse waiver claim priority than me... so, if we actually had a commish worth a damn, I'd have gotten Starks.

So, I then posted my objection to not getting Starks in the draftroom and of course, that post was deleted without notice as well.

Anyway, I am still going to do my best to win my playoff game in spite of being handicapped by the commish of this league, with the knowledge that I don't have to put up with this crap next year. :-)
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AsstroTEP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 am

Good luck bro, I think we're all pulling for you! ;-D
AsstroTEP
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 am

Here is the latest in this sad saga:

At 8:30a Sunday, I posted a request in the league's forum draftroom to either unlock my ability to add/drop players or to do it for me and posted the moves I wanted to make before 3pm(late start) games. I also PM'd and emailed the Commish with this request.

I also posted another thread in the draftroom that I wished all other playoff owners good luck in the playoffs.

At 3:30p, I edited my add/drop thread to say thanks anyway, but I'd guess I missed contacting you in time to honor my request.

Then, mysteriously, both new threads dissappeared from the draftroom.... spooky huh? ;-7

This morning, I posted asking what happened to my threads, neither of which had violated any rules or standards of conduct whatsoever. I'd guess that it will soon be deleted as well... mysteriously. ;-)

In the meantime, my playoff game is virtually tied, with me having Schaub and him having Bradshaw... so it doesn't look good. It was looking better before Witten scored 2 TDs in this game for him, while Celek got a big fat zero for my team.

So..... go Schaub! And hoping for a Bradshaw minor concussion during the first series(sent my request to Cushing for this along with some extra nutritional supplements). ;-) ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:05 am

Schaub propelled my team into the second round... :-D

I continue to post and re-post in the forum draftroom requesting either the unlocking of my team to allow me to add/drop players or for the commish to do it for me. I continue to not get any response from the commish and see my posts continue to get magically deleted by the commish each night.

In the meantime, I will push forward trying to defend my league championship with one hand tied behind my back. ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am

I guess the cheating Commish got tired of continually deleting my posts and here is his latest post in the draftroom:
You're done here. Plain and simple. The second you started dropping players was the second you were no longer welcome in this league or this forum. Everything that you post here will summarily be deleted. Your hypocritical behavior is one thing, but the absolute cardinal sin of every fantasy league is to threaten and then carry out the contaminating of the free agent pool, especially at the most critical point in the season, and even more importantly, in a keeper league. You showed your true colors in what amounts to a true bitch move.
(Personal insults against me were deleted here)
It should go without saying that I will not unlock your team to do anything but make moves with your current roster as far as sit/start. After your threat to drop players and trying to carry it out, why do you think I'd risk the league by giving you a 2nd chance to carry out that threat again?
(More Personal insults against me were deleted here)
I've already found someone to take over the team. It is now theirs to do what they want with it. They want it to remain intact so that they can be the one to decide what direction the team goes in. It will not change before they take it over. I'm through with you.

The drops upon which he is referring were the following and occurred AFTER he said he was fine with throwing games and did so himself.
Dec 1 - Claimed Hagan off Waivers and dropped my extra Def
Dec 3 - Dropped my K and picked up Danario Alexander

I have frequently dropped my K to take a chance on some hot FA. I always pick up a K before that weeks kickoffs.

What a Douchebag... is all I can think of to say.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:48 am

im rooting for you. let us know how you do this week

now on to teh title of teh thread..i wish it were

in a money league teh 6 playoff teams were already set going into week 13, and teh 2 teams w byes already set as well. only thing left was seeding 4-6(as 3 seed was set as well)

IMo at the time the 3 seed's team sucked. just got lucky w matchups throughout the year. middle of the pack point total

so i want to play him first round. the other two playoff teams were much better than the 3 seed. so at that point i coudl have tanked week 13, gotten the 6 seed and been ok

i did not...as integrity sucks...and ended up winning. thus got the 4 seed..had to play one of the better teams and got crushedeven though i put up 118 pts (thanks Aj and bradsahw :-C and pitt def). and i would have crushed the 3 seed...as it turns out i was right...his team sucks.

so if tanking a week was ok...i could have gotten into the 2nd round. sucks for me
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 am

Alright... I am in the championship game after beating the leagues best record team.

I would love to toot my own horn while berating the Commish but of course he has locked me on Yahoo and dletes my posts in the forum draftroom soon after I post them.... I also am afraid that my post would make him have another hissy fit and lock me out of my team all together on Yahoo.

So, I am gonna wait till Sunday morning, read all the injury reports, set my lineup as best I can without picking up anyone, post in one of the general forums where he can't directly delete them.... and then I am gone, thank God. ;-D

I thought about blasting the Commish in my post but have decided to go out with class and just proclaim my two time championship while thanking the other managers for their competition and wishing them luck in the future.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironcityboy88 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 pm

not the kind of league you should be affiliated with...bad comish=bad league=no fun.
Start your own league and run the league like YOU think a league should be run...without the bull
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner