Kids Christmas Music - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kids Christmas Music

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kids Christmas Music

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Can anyone recommend any good Kids Christmas Music CDs? Or preferably songs with artists that I can just go to iTunes and buy them?

I tried to buy a few CDs in the store and always get stuck with some crappy rendition, with extended instrumentals, etc.

I'd like to get the traditionals - Rudolph, Frosty, Here Comes Santa Claus, etc. and a few religious, too - Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, We Three Kings.

If anyone has any recommendations, that would be awesome.

Also - I just went to Amazon and bought an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD. I used to have the record when I was a kid and listen to Alvin sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Total classic record that I am looking forward to sharing with my kids. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kids Christmas Music

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 am

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 pm

joejlitz wrote:Also - I just went to Amazon and bought an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD. I used to have the record when I was a kid and listen to Alvin sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Total classic record that I am looking forward to sharing with my kids. ;-D

I'm more familiar with this song.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:30 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Also - I just went to Amazon and bought an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD. I used to have the record when I was a kid and listen to Alvin sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Total classic record that I am looking forward to sharing with my kids. ;-D

I'm more familiar with this song.

:). That one is on there
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Hmmm... I just remembered I had an old cassette tape dating back as far back as I can remember. It's a Disney Christmas sing-along tape and it also had Chip 'n Dale singing "Christmas, Don't Be Late". No clue if Disney had that ported to CD; it is nearly 30 years old. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:try this one

:-b

You're a dork. And yes, I did try that. And after opening a few losers (after already buying 2 crappy CDs), I came to you all for help.

Thank you for being so helpful. ;-)

The Artful Dodger wrote:Hmmm... I just remembered I had an old cassette tape dating back as far back as I can remember. It's a Disney Christmas sing-along tape and it also had Chip 'n Dale singing "Christmas, Don't Be Late". No clue if Disney had that ported to CD; it is nearly 30 years old. :-b

I found one on iTunes from 2003 and it looks like a winner! ;-D

By the way - Chipmunks CD came in the mail today and didn't disappoint!
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Hmmm... I just remembered I had an old cassette tape dating back as far back as I can remember. It's a Disney Christmas sing-along tape and it also had Chip 'n Dale singing "Christmas, Don't Be Late". No clue if Disney had that ported to CD; it is nearly 30 years old. :-b

This could have word for word been written by me. I remember first listening to it at my grandfather's when I was as young as I can remember.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I have Napster and one they have there is:

Another one they list is Children's First Christmas Album. Try just searching Children's Christmas on iTunes - when I do that on Napster it comes up with several different ones.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to General Talk