You got your Christmas lights up yet? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

You got your Christmas lights up yet?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: You got your Christmas lights up yet?

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:53 am

thsi is my first year w a house...so my first year to put up lights.

we bought some, got a ladder and a staple gun...so i shoudl be good to go.

little problem though....the affordable ladders(under $100) were 250 LB load. i weigh 270. but instead of paying $75 more for a 300 LB load ladder i just went w the 250 one. lets hope there is some safety factor in there...or my first light installing adventure will end pretty quickly

[insert fatass smiley]
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

don't use staples! that will make it much more difficult to get them down. there are little clips you can use, I believe they just fasten to the gutter, that you can leave up and use year after year. they have a clittle clamp or something to secure the light strands.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:27 pm

shawngee03 wrote:thsi is my first year w a house...so my first year to put up lights.

we bought some, got a ladder and a staple gun...so i shoudl be good to go.

little problem though....the affordable ladders(under $100) were 250 LB load. i weigh 270. but instead of paying $75 more for a 300 LB load ladder i just went w the 250 one. lets hope there is some safety factor in there...or my first light installing adventure will end pretty quickly

[insert fatass smiley]

you should be fine...

scottaa1 wrote:don't use staples! that will make it much more difficult to get them down. there are little clips you can use, I believe they just fasten to the gutter, that you can leave up and use year after year. they have a clittle clamp or something to secure the light strands.

this...i just leave the clips on the lights. they have universal clips that either clip to the gutter or slide under the shingles
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 pm

A staple gun? Haha! You're gonna have fun taking them down. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 pm

the staples i used must suck...bc if i tug on the lights they come out easily. so it shoudlnt be bad at all taking them down. lets just hope they withstand the first rain

and it was my first time on a roof since i was young. not as much fun as i remember. that 8' jump off scared the hebbie jebbies outta me
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:02 pm

shawngee03 wrote:the staples i used must suck...bc if i tug on the lights they come out easily. so it shoudlnt be bad at all taking them down. lets just hope they withstand the first rain

and it was my first time on a roof since i was young. not as much fun as i remember. that 8' jump off scared the hebbie jebbies outta me

did you staple into the the shingles? The staples will come out of the shingles pretty easily.

Get a 8' step ladder, they can be found on sale for $100 or less. I have vaulted ceilings so I needed one to clean ceiling fan blades, change the light bulbs, get the cobwebs out of the dormer windows.... hundreds of uses for a step ladder, and you don't have to jump off the roof to get down. ;-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah so we decided to forego any Christmas decorating. Between finals, work, and going to Reno for most of the holiday, we said eff it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:20 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:the staples i used must suck...bc if i tug on the lights they come out easily. so it shoudlnt be bad at all taking them down. lets just hope they withstand the first rain

did you staple into the the shingles? The staples will come out of the shingles pretty easily.

Get a 8' step ladder, they can be found on sale for $100 or less. I have vaulted ceilings so I needed one to clean ceiling fan blades, change the light bulbs, get the cobwebs out of the dormer windows.... hundreds of uses for a step ladder, and you don't have to jump off the roof to get down. ;-D

You don't need a ladder, Scott. You need a maid or a woman in your house. ;-)

With that said, I just got my lights up.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Got mine up yesterday! About the latest I've waited in recent memory, but we just moved so I'm glad to have it done at all!
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:37 pm

'Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the Cafe
Guys are talking decorating
Like they're all homoghey

Where is The Lung?
He's curling his hair
And we all know joejlitz
is at Lilith Fair

Metroid and Bungle
are soon to be wed
they can't wait to be giving
each other beds

Mookie has his kleenex
cuz he likes to fap
Moochie does too
they both learned how from Knapp

crackwhore or heavy?
Dream likes the latter
so does dan lambskin
the better the fatter

In a certain league forum
Stomper mentioned M*A*S*H
and congrats to your daughter
now cough up some cash

moonie once posted alot
then got slow
I bet he's elbow deep
in an armfull of hose

then, what to Met's lazy eye
should appear?
It's menyak, and his goon squad of queers!

the Cafe all shouted
WHY IS SCOTT SUCH A PRICK?
and I simply reply
it's because I'm a dick

Merry Christmas everyone

:-/
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk